Chapter 4

The Beta led me up a long chain of stairs.I gladly followed as i was curious as to what was at the other end. As we reached the top, i was met with a long hallway. Two double doors were stood straight in front,screaming for attention. That was probably his room. Would i be staying there too?

I thought about how it would be like to share a room.To wake up in each others arms. To always be near one another. 

that was all just too good to be true and i knew it as the beta led me away from the doors to the room right next door.

" This is where you will be staying my lady" he said whilst slightly bowing. His face went back to emotionless.

i gave him a smile, trying to hide my disappointment.

"Thankyou.........." i started,unable to finish my sentence.

"James, my lady" he said.

" Thankyou James,but shouldn't you get going now. you are a beta" i said wanting to be alone.

" yes my lady.I will see you soon" he nodded his head before walking the opposite direction.

I entered my so called room with a yelp of surprise. It was beautiful. in a middle laid a queen sized bed, waiting for me to cuddle in. opposite that was a huge white dressing table however it was mostly empty. 

i walked across the room to open a door which led me to a small empty room. This must be the closet, i assumed.I walked out stepping into another room; the bathroom. it was quite spacious and had all the necessities. I looked up to see the shower calling my name. oh how i wanted to stepin and feel the hot sprinkles take me to paradise.

unfortunately i knew i couldn't as i had no change of clothes. i walked out of the room almost whimpering. I jumped on the bed, looking up. Where'd he go? Why am i here?

Anger rose in me as i thought of his disappearance. what was soo important that he couldn't even meet his own mate! He's going to reject me isn't he?

I imagined his face and how his hair looked extremely soft. How  i just wanted to grab a hold of it whilst nuzzling into his neck. erghhhh stop it! Why am i thinking this about someone who doesn't even want me.

All too suddenly, the door slams open, revealing a pretty pissed of Alpha KIng. his face was covered in sweat as he seemed almost breathless.

He looked up,looking straight at me. my stomach did some sort of flip as i was now feeling quite self conscious. the feeling didn't last very long as he turned away.Okay, now i was hurt.

" There was a rogue problem" he said whilst looking at something behind me. His voice made my inside tickle with delight however i was still upset with him.

"Okay" i said back, softly.

his eyes snapped to mine, almost turning black.

" What's your name?" he said 

"Marina" i replied quietly.

"Marina" he repeated sending shivers down my spine.

" I am called Xavier-The Alpha KIng" he announced proudly.

" Xavier-" i said, suddenly having empty words.

He growled. I looked up, terrified. His eyes were now pitch black as he held onto the bedside table.

" are you okay xavier?" i asked,now feeling worried.

However this time it was worse. it felt as thoe he was restraining himself.

"Xavier-"

"STOP!" he interrupted. 

Now i was beyond confused. fortunetly he changed back intohis normal self.

" come to the kitchen in one hour. Marissa will bring you some clothes to change into"and with that he left.

What the actual hell!?