Chapter 1: Watching me,haunting me

It was few days after she died. I was sitting in a Kingston's Tavern, trying to drunk myself to death. It wasn't going pretty well,but I kept trying. Trying to kill myself swiftly and with style. And trying to forget Kidd. But,she just didn't want to leave my thoughts.

Is this what she meant by saying that she will be with me? Haunting me?

«Of all the comrades that e'er I had,They are sorry for my going away.» After a while I relized what's the song that was sung all this time in this tinny Tavern. Why of all god-damned songs they had to sing "The Parting Glass"? I didn't know,but I knew that it hurt so much.

I couldn't keep being strong and pretending like nothing have happend. But it does not command us to act or submit ,she said a long time ago. And I was sure I couldn't do either of that anymore . No more acting,no more submiting. From now on,I wanted to become man of quality. To become someone who Mary wanted me to be.

But it would never happen if I kept drinking so much. Even though I wanted to try one last time to kill myself with Rum. I wave to Wench to get me another drink,but it seemed like she's not interested. She just turned around and went to another customer. As I sighed I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"You shouldn't do this,Edward. Drinking won't Bring Mary back." It was Annie. She was right,but I needed to defend myself. "No,It won't,but Maybe it can get me to her." She laughed,just like Mary would. "Oh,Edward,let's take you back to your ship. You need sleep. In the Morning we are heading back to Tulum."

I didn't say A word,and she helped me to go back on my Ship. Thankfull,no one was on decks so no one saw so-much-pissed me. I fell asleep as soon as Annie left my Cabin.

***

I woke up in a middle of the night,awaken by some strange noise. I felt someone sitting on the left side of my bed. "Anne? Is that you?" There was No real response,only one silent laughter.

"Ms. Bonny don't Play with me. I ain't a fool." Again there was No response. "If I didn't know that Mary's dead,I would think you are Read." Finally a person said:"Oh,Don't be so sure Kenway."

It sounded like Mary's voice,but it wasn't possible. Or was it? "Mary?",I asked silently. I reached to touch her cheek,and I felt that good known contures which was surely Mary's. "Really Kenway,when ya went so soft? Ah remember ya as Careless man. What caused this change of heart?",she asked with laughter.

"You really don't know,do you?You know there are people who missed you,ms. Read."

"Aww,Ah knew that Annie would miss meh.",she looked at me for a Second and then added:"Why? What happen'd to ya? Why did ya miss meh so much? Ah mean Ah know we were friends and, yeah you should miss a friend, but tryin' to kill yerself because yer friend died is somethin' totally different."

I tried to look at her eyes,and as always I couldn't see anything in 'em. Damn pocker face. "We were friends,aye. But,you were much more than a friend for me,Mary." She was silent for a Second. Then she sighed and got up. She walked to my table and took something from it. "Ah thought you could need this. Sage certainly doesn't need it anymore.",she said as she throw the thing to me.

When I caught it,I felt something like skull.I kept touching it and I relized what's Mary talking about. "How the hell did you get this,lass?" She laughed,again and said:"Ah told you,Sage doesn't need it anymore. Ah mean why would he need it on the bottom of the Sea." I was shocked with her Answer. "But you don't have a ship."

"Aye,but Annie has. By the way,she told meh what's happenin' with ya,and Ah came because she ask'd meh to come. Don't think Ah came because Ah want'd to see yer pretty face." Now it was up to me to laugh. "You didn't Come to see it,but you think it's pretty huh?"