The day off

"So the only reason we are getting hotel room is because we have the day off?" Alexis snorted as she went through her luggage for an outfit. "Yeah, kinda" Jerick shrugged his shoulders as he stretched his sprawled limbs across his bed. Alexis looked down at her phone as it was ringing she picked up the un known number, "Oh look at who picked up the phone?" Alexis's breath grew short as she realized how familiar the voice was. "Leave me alone." Alexis quietly said, "oh? oh? what was that? You want us to kick your ass like we've done before too bad the cops showed up before we could finish the job." Alexis's finger slipped as she sat the phone on the bed and the speaker turned on. The girls voice on the other end filled the quiet room, "As soon as we know you're back in town we're gonna rip you to shreds, low life bitch." Alexis sat on the ground bringing her knees to her chest. "I should've recorded that." She whispered, trying to hold back a sob. "You need to get a new number." Jerick pointed out as he made his way to Alexis on the floor wrapping his arms around her trying to comfort her. "I did, they just keep finding me."

"Who were those girls anyway?" Jerick asked picking up the phone and looking through it. "It was probably one of multiple, almost all of the girls in my gym class would beat the shit out of me, not all at once. I don't know why. Once I finally spoke up they sent me away from school for a 'break' then a couple of the ones who got kicked out jumped me one day when I went around the block for a smoke." Jerick's eyes started to tear up, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." Alexis rolled her eyes and frowned. "Don't feel sorry. I've already done that for myself, I've moved on from it." Jerick hugged her even tighter after Alexis's face softened and she stopped tensing up. "I just don't understand why they hate me so much." Jerick played with Alexis's hair and slowly blinked, "It's because they noticed how bright you shined, and terrible people wanna put anything out that blinds them before they understand what it actually means." Alexis shrugs Jericks off of her and stands up. "Well I'm not gonna stay pent up in this room all day lets go get something to eat."

-----------------------------------------

Alexis stared at herself in the mirror while brushing her light brown hair out that could be mistaken as blond before grabbing her high wasted denim jeans and white T-shirt and heading out the door with Jerick. "I kinda just want subway." Alexis said as they met eye to eye with Katya and Shane in the elevator. "Where are you guys off too?" Shane asked with his perky voice, "To get some subway, wanna come?" Alexis looked at Jerick from the corner of the elevator and glared at him trying to get a clear message of. "Hell no!" across to him. He got it alright, but he wasn't listening. "Oh sure we were going to get some pizza but that sounds better." Shane beamed as the elevator doors opened at the bottom floor. Alexis huffed as Jerick pulled Alexis aside. "I think you'll like them just give it a chance." He whispered and walked away before Alexis could say anything and mumbled profanities under her breath the whole walk there. Jerick heard some and bumped Alexis's shoulder every now and then to get her to stop, but she wasn't budging either.
------------------------------------------------

"So Alexis" Katya beamed across the booth at the young girl. "You don't say much do you?" Alexis shrugged her shoulders taking a big bite so she didn't have to reply, and she knew if she did it wouldn't be the nicest of words. "No, she's just very shy." Jerick replied for her then turned his head to wait for her to stop chewing. "Yeah I guess" she said as she layed back in her seat. "Why are you here any way?" Katya asked leaning her head to the side out of curiosity. "Just to spend more time with my brother." Katya nodded her head, "Understandable." She understood but she wasn't buying it.