Chapter 4

Krystal POV

I’m tired and sleepy but I need to help Jane. I asked Taylor to drive me to the shop and fetch me later after work. When we reached the shop, I saw Thomas’s car outside. When we pulled over, I immediately open the door and went inside the shop. I’m so excited to see him. When I enter, both Thomas and Jane looked at me. Jane knows that Thomas is my business partner and my best friend. Thomas was helping Jane but when he saw me, he walked towards me.

“Hi.” he said smiling
He smells aftershave and he’s wearing jeans that hang on his hips and he wears the gray V-neck shirt that I gave him. He doesn’t look a doctor.

I pulled him a hug and whispers in his ear “I missed you.”

Then he hugged me back and said “I missed you too, Krys”

Oh how I love this, I can feel so comfortable in his arms. I miss this guy. I miss my best friend.
We pulled apart when Jane cleared her throat passing us by.
I looked at her raising my eye brow. Thomas giggle and I turned to look at him, he grabbed my hand and brought me to the table with a large white box, he handed it to me.

“Open that when you get home” he stated.

“I want to open it now” looking at the big white box

“Ha ha. I know, but I want you to open this in your house. Okay?”

“Okay” I said shrugging. Then his phone rang, he looks so sad and worried. I want to ask if everything’s alright but he spoke first.

“Duty calls” he said putting his phone on his pocket

I put the box down on the table and grab his hand and hug him again. This time I hugged him tight.
I’m gonna miss this guy. He smiled and tapped my back.

“I will miss you” he whispers

I kiss his cheek and he turned red. I chuckle and said “I will miss you too, Thom”

He smiled and leave the shop. My tears suddenly went down my cheeks, I will miss him so much. He’s my only family here.
I wiped it and look at the box wondering what’s inside of it. I grab it and made my way to my office.

I leave it in my office and grab the apron to help Jane. The door opened but I ignored it while I’m asking for customer’s order. When I turned around to get their orders, I stopped when I look at the man standing in front of me. He’s wearing black pants, white long sleeve and black neck tie. His dirty blond hair was messy but sexy and his gray eyes search mine. He smiled at me showing his white teeth and I was stunned with that smile.

‘Oh that smile’

He walks towards me and caress my cheek with his knuckles. I can feel my cheeks burning but I don’t care. I love this touch.

“Breath” he whispers

‘He smells nice’

“Krys?”

‘Oh that sexy voice’

“Yeah?” I gawked.

“Are you okay?” he asked

Sheez! I never thought that Christian is the one I’m staring at. I bit my lip and I cleared my throat and pull back.

“Do you need anything?”

He chuckle. “Yeah, Uhm... Can I talk to you for a sec.?”

Talk to me? About what?

“I was just gonna ask you to go out” he smirked

Am I that obvious?

“Oh. Uh – I don’t know. We’re busy” I said passing him by and I heard his footsteps behind me.

“When is your day off?” He asked

I stopped, turning around to look at him

“I don’t have day –“

“Yes she can go out with you” Jane cut me off.

What is she up to? I looked at her raising my eye brow and I mouth her that ‘You will be fired.’ She raised her eye brow too, challenging me. She knows that I can’t fire her cause she’s the only employee I trust here.

I roll my eyes, shaking my head in disbelief. Why is everything so hard?
I looked back at Christian, patiently waiting for my answer.
There’s nothing wrong to go out with him right?
I think this is the time for me to know his background.

“What is your full name, Christian?” I asked him with a fake smile

He look puzzled and said “You don’t know me?”

I shake my head saying that I don’t. It’s true. I don’t really know him. I don’t even know the people who wants to put me down. All I care is my business.

He cleared his throat, straightening his back and said “I’m Christian Zeigler”

“Oh. Okay. Nice to meet you.” I said turning around to give Jane the orders.

“So? You’re coming with me?” he asked

“She’s coming:” Jane answered him.

I roll my eyes again and shake my head. Oh God!
He’s now standing beside me, watching my every move. I stopped for what I’m doing and I snapped him a look.

“Fine. When?”

His eyes widen with a goofy smile.
Sheez those teeth!

“Later? 6pm?”

“Sure” I shrugged

“Okay then, I’ll pick you up at 6:00” he said. I nod. Then he left

I picked up my phone and dialled Taylor’s number

“Krystal?” he said

“I want you to search everything about Christian Zeigler. I don’t want you to miss anything. Understand?” I stated

“Yes Krys, anything else?”

“Uhm... Yeah, tell Carla to bring me some clean clothes here. And don’t pick me up later”

“Okay” then I hung up.

I looked at Jane who’s giving the orders. I want to kill that woman!

It’s 5:15 in the afternoon and Carla brought me the clothes and I gave her the box that Thomas gave me.
I wonder why Thomas wants me to open that in my house.
I looked outside of my shop then I saw a boy leaning on the window. He’s alone with tear clothes and a dirt on it. He’s looking at the food that we have here, I wager he’s hungry.
I went outside and call the boy. He looked surprise when he saw me.

“Y-yeah?” he said

“Come here.” then he walks slowly in front of me
I grab his hand and brought him inside.

“Are you hungry?” I asked looking down at him.
He’s looking at the muffin with watery mouth and I giggle.
He shook his head and said “Yes”

I gestured him to sit while grabbing the muffins and drinks for him and Jane. Jane joined her when she saw me bringing the boy inside. I think Jane wants to adopt him.

“Here” I said placing the food.

“Thanks” he said looking at the muffin.

“What is your name kid?” Jane asked

“Kyle... Kyle Smith” he said.

“So, where do you live” I asked sitting beside Jane across the boy.

He just shook his head

“You don’t have a home?” Jane said

“No. My parents died when I was 7, we don’t have relatives here” he said

“How old are you?” I asked confused

“10”

Both Jane and I stared each other for a second and looked at him furrowed

“How did you survive?” we both asked

The boy stopped eating and looked at us

“I ask money for people” he said

We both drawn in silence, thinking what can we do to help him.

“You can stay with me” Jane suddenly said to the boy with a smile on her lips and twinkle in her eyes.
She’s desperate. The boy’s jaw dropped in disbelief that someone wants to adopt him.

“Sure?” he asked furrowed

“Yeah. I’m alone in my apartment, so you can stay with me.”

The boy finished his food and said “Sure. Thank you”

“You can work here if you want” I said to him

“Is that allowed? I’m only 10, and for sure the owner would not allow me” he said looking at his hands

I leaned to him and said “I’m the owner”

He snap his head looking at me in disbelief then he turned to look at Jane, then Jane nod to him assuring that I’m telling the truth. He looked back at me nodding and smiling like he received a gift from Santa.
This boy is cute.
I looked down at my watch and it’s 5:45pm. Why is it the time runs so fast? I got up and leave them talking.

I changed my clothes with gray V-neck long sleeve and tight jeans with light make up. I know it’s simple but this is me. Suddenly I heard the door open and I quickly grab my things and went out the restroom.
He’s sitting at the couch were we seated a while ago. Kyle is cleaning the table while Jane asking for orders.
When Christian saw me, he stood up and walks towards me. He’s still wearing the same clothes but this time, no neck tie and he roll his sleeve up to his elbow.

“Ready?” he asked

I nod and followed him. He opened the door and I slid in.
When he slid inside he spoke “Seatbelt please.”
I do as I told. I lean back and yawn.

“Tired?” he asked

“A little. Where are we going anyway?” I said looking at him but he’s looking at the road

“You’ll see” he said turning his head to look at me

“Eyes on the road please!”

“I’m sorry” I sigh.

“You’re not going to kidnap me right?” I said playfully

“How did you know?” he said seriously

I looked at him shocked. Is he telling the truth or he’s just teasing me?

“Calm down. I’m just messing up with you. I’m not going to kidnap you, okay?” he said laughing

‘Thank God’

I sigh in relief but he continued

“Not now”

I stared at him raising my eye brow “Then this is the last time I’m going out with you”

He immediately stopped in the middle of the road. I’m glad no one behind us.

‘What is wrong with him?’

“Are you insane?! Why did you stop?” I barely shout

He looked at me shock with painful in his eyes.

“You’re kidding right?” he asked calmly but his voice is shaking

“Yeah I’m kidding but why on earth did you stop in the middle of the road? Are you crazy?”

“I’m sorry. I was just shocked when you said you’re not going out with me anymore” he whispers

Does he still wants to go out with me? I sigh heavily and grab his hand.

“I was just kidding, okay? You started it, so I finished it” this time I said calmly.

He smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes and nod. Then he started to drive the car.
The whole drive was silent and we pulled over outside of Disney Land.

 Seriously?

“Why did you brought me here?”

“You don’t like it?”

“Are you nuts? I love it!” I said opening the door like a child who’s excited to go inside.

I’ve never been here for my entire life. Thomas never brought me here. I glanced at Christian who’s looking at me happy. I grabbed his hand and we went inside. There’s a lot of people and I’m so excited to try all the rides here.

******************************************************************************************
Sorry guys if I hadn’t update last week. The internet sucks, REALLY!
So what do you think? I’m so happy that you read my book. I never expect that it will reach 200+ readers.
Thank you guys!!
I’ll update soon, I promise!