Heads.

It was a Thursday night and Skyler's parents had just called a family meeting. Her parents only called family meetings when there was something big to discuss. As Skyler sat down on the couch beside her sister Emily, her parents started to speak. Skyler's Mom said " Girls your Dad and I have something to tell you. Tomorrow is going to be your last day at your school". Skyler and Emily were confused. Until Skyler's dad said "we're moving to Odessa. I got a job there and we've decided to take it". There was a long pause. Skyler got up from the couch without speaking and walked up the stairs to her room. When her dad called for dinner she didn't leave her room. She stayed there all night, laying in bed, texting her best friend Ally. She had known Ally since she was in kindergarten and they were always in the same class. Now for her grade eight year, two weeks into the school year, she had to leave everything behind and start all over. In the morning she didn't eat breakfast or go down stairs to watch her favorite show Pretty Little Liars. She just grabbed an activa and ran out the door to her bus stop. When she got to school everyone was talking about Skyler leaving. Somehow overnight the word that she was moving had traveled to everyone in their city! By the end of the day she had heard about 1000 "bye", "good luck at your new school" and was ready to wake up from her "night mare" that she knew she could never wake up from.
Today was the day. Skyler finished packing up all her things and said goodbye to Ally. Her Dad put in the car keys in the ignition and turned them slowly. The car started and so did Skyler's new life, at her new school, in her new house, with no friends.

On Monday Skyler put on her best outfit. Black tights, a red and white striped shirt, white converse and her favorite white rain jacket. She straightened her hair, brushed her teeth and left without eating breakfast. When Skyler's mom dropped her and Emily off at school everyone was staring at them. The bell rang a couple minutes after and Skyler started to walk to her classroom. When Skyler was looking down at her notebook to make sure she was going the right way she ran into someone and dropped all her stuff. She look up to she who was helping her pick up her books. There was a boy looking right back at her. The boy said "hi, I'm Adam". Skyler didn't say anything. The two sat there in the hall staring at each other. Finally Skyler said "I-I'm Skyler". When they finished picking up Skyler's stuff Adam said "You must be the new student, my teacher told us about you. I'll show you were our class is". Skyler followed Adam to their class and when the walk in the teacher introduced Skyler to the class and himself to Skyler as "Mr. Ryan".

At lunch Skyler sat near Adam and some of his friends. As she was eating her sandwich a girl walk up to her and said "hey I'm Nicole". Then Adam said "Nicole why don't you sit with us". So Nicole sat down beside Skyler.

At the end of the day when Skyler was walking home she heard someone's footsteps coming from behind her. When she turned it was Adam. Adam said "So, Skyler I was thinking, I know I've only known you for a day but do you want to hang out sometime?"
Skyler grew a big smile on her face and answered with a "yeah, I would like that". The two walked home together, hand and hand.

That night Skyler couldn't stop smiling. On her first day she made 2 new friends. Before she went to bed, she texted Ally telling her all about Adam and in the morning her and Adam walk to school together.

A couple weeks passed and Adam and Skyler were still walking to school together. One day Adam turned to Skyler as they were walking and he said " let's flip a coin, heads you're mine, tails I'm yours...". As Adam reach into his pocket for a Quarter Skyler couldn't stop smiling. The coin flew up in the air and landed on the green grass behind them. Heads. "Together?" Adam said. "Forever" Skyler replied.