O N E: Welcome Home Bella

My name is Athena Swan. I live in a small town named Forks, in Washington.  I was adopted by Charlie Swan at birth, I was never told who my biological parents were. I have a sister Bella, who is 2 years older than me. I never had a mother growing up, Bella's  mom and Charlie divorced when Bella was just a baby. Bella would come down for a month every summer but for the past few years she hasn't.

My best friend in the whole world is Jacob Black. He's Charlie's best friend's son, so it kinda works out perfectly. Though, I go to school at Forks High School, a different school than Jake because it's close to home. I usually hang out with the guys after school, which includes two other guys Quil and Embry.

Back to present day, I'm 15 years old and I'm in the middle of my freshman year. Bella is coming to live with Charlie and I because she wants to let her mom travel with her professional baseball player husband.

But that's just ordinary me, small town girl living in rainy state. Or so I thought...

-
Athena's POV

"Athena... Athena wake up." I heard a gruff voice speak interrupting me from my sleep. I groaned and waved my hand tiredly.

"Go away." I mumbled, not opening my eyes. I am not a morning person, never have and never will.

"Bella is coming today." Charlie coaxed me out of bed. I shot up in bed and forced my eyes open. They burned from the light seeping in through my window. I looked to my left and saw Charlie leaning against my door frame.

"Oh my god..." I let the thought sink in because my brain was still a bit cloudy, "Bella's coming today." I exclaimed.

Charlie gave me a small grin, "Get ready to go. I should be back soon, I'm going to pick her up at the airport."

"Okay." I smiled and Charlie left my room. I jumped out of bed and got ready to go. I picked out a white t-shirt, red flannel and jeans. Today was going to be a good day.

-

An hour later, I heard the slam of a car door and rushed to the living room window. I saw Charlie and Bella at the trunk of his police car. I almost didn't recognize Bella, it's been too long. I sprinted out the door and ran outside towards Bella.

"Bella!" I exclaimed and she looked up startled.

Bella's face instantly lit up and she opened her arms. I collided into her and brought her into a bone crushing hug.

"Athena, I've missed you so much." Bella mumbled into my hair.

"I've missed you too. Hey, I'm finally as tall as you." I remarked and let go of our embrace.

"You need to stop growing." Bella chuckled.

"Okay, okay, let's take this reunion inside before it starts raining." Charlie grumbled.
I laughed and grabbed one of Bella's bags from the trunk. I noticed Bella holding onto a small pot with a cactus in it. I swung her bag over my back and led the way inside. I lugged the bag upstairs with Bella and Charlie at my heel.

"I cleared some shelves off in the bathroom." Charlie told her as we walked down the hallway.

"Oh right, one bathroom." She remembered. That's when I realized how much of a struggle mornings will be and mentally groaned.

We got to Bella's old room and I placed her bag down on the floor. Bella walked in behind me and set down the bags she was carrying. Her room hasn't changed a bit since she was last here, which was years ago.

"It's a pretty good work lamp." Charlie pointed to the lamp. "Saleslady picked out the bed stuff. You like, you like purple right?" He asked.

"Purple's cool." Bella replied nodding her head. Tension in the room grew.