Chapter 5 |Introductions|

We parked in front of his house. I waited until Rachael and Danny got out, then I followed. I walk to the back of the black car, and open the trunk. I grab my bags out and walk towards the house. Danny takes one of my bags from me, and I hold the other. This house is really pretty. I wonder if they have any other kids? If they did why would they choose to adopt another kid?

"So you guys have any other kids?" I ask them, stepping into their house. I look around, and it's as beautiful as it looked from the outside. It's two stories and everything here is just beautiful. Did I already mention it was beautiful? Yeah I did. I love it!

"Yes, we have two actually." Rachael informs me, "a girl, about a year younger then you, so she's thirteen. And a little boy, about five."

"What are their names?" I ask them.

"Grace and Charlie." Danny informs me, then he glances at his watch. "I think it's time to go pick up Charlie from daycare by the way."

"Oh I'll go get him." Rachael says grabbing her keys, off the kitchen counter. "Want to come Casey? I'm sure he'd love to meet you."

"Sure." I nod, "I can just unpack in a little bit."

I follow her out the door, and into a different car. This car is red, unlike Danny's black car. I climb into the front seat, and buckle my seatbelt. Rachael backs up the car, and drives out onto the street.

"What kind of music do you like to listen to?" Rachael asks me.

"Oh, um just the popular stuff." I inform her, "what kind do you typically listen to?"

"Hawaiian music." She explains, "I just love listening to the rhythmic sounds."

"I like how it sounds too." I inform her. She turns on the radio, and we drive in silence. About 15 minutes later, we pull into a parking lot. I read the sign in front of the building: Sunshine Day Care. Rachael gets out of the car, and I hop out after her.

We walk in, and I see the inside of the daycare building. There are finger paintings hung from the ceiling. I see caterpillar art projects and hand turkeys. It's a very kid proof that's for sure. I stand by the door, while Rachael goes over to where Charlie is playing. Did I mention the massive amounts of toys covering the floor. She kneels next to him and gives him a hug, he looks at her and grins, dropping his toy. Rachael stands up, and he stands up with her, taking her hand and walking back over to me.

"Charlie, this is your new big sister, Casey." Rachael tells him.

"Hello." He waves shyly at me.

"Hi Charlie." I wave back, smiling. "It's very nice to meet you."

"You too." He replies. "Is she going to live with us?" He asks, looking back at his mom.

"Of course silly goose." She says, messing up his hair, "doesn't Grace live with us?"

"Yes." He replies.

"Then why wouldn't your other big sister?" She asks him.

"Uh, I don't know." He says, laughing.

"Come on sweetie, let's go." She takes his hand again, and he reaches for mine. I hesitate for a moment, then take his hand.

We walk back out to the car, and climb in. Rachael helps Charlie get into the car, then buckles him into his seat. She shuts his door, then gets into the car. She buckles herself in, then backs out of her parking space. That was way enough to introduce myself right? I mean it's not like I've ever had a problem with making friends, but I just wasn't sure this time. Hopefully Grace will be just as accepting as Charlie was. Who knows what will happen.