1.

~Jamie~

*14 Years Ago*

Mama called me to the kitchen to meet her new boss and son. I hated it because I had to dress up in this ugly yellow dress and these large bows. I am 13, not 6. I dragged downstairs to see a middle aged white woman and her son who looks around my age. I frowned upon them.

"Fix your face Jamie," mother fussed. I faked a smile and sat across from them. The boy watched my every move. I rolled my eyes. Mama said I had an attitude, but I disagree. Mama set the table and sat next to me.

"This is my daughter Jamie. Jamie, this is Mrs.Reeds and her son Logan." I looked at the face of Mrs.Reeds. She looked older, but not old. Her skin was white, but not pale. Her long brown hair was up in a pulled tightly pony tail. Her son, Logan was the opposite. He was pale and skinny. He had light brown hair and blue eyes.

"Its nice to meet you Jamie." Mrs.Reeds put on a fake smile. Much like the one I put on earlier, but mine was better. She nudged her son.

"Nice to meet you." He mumbled.

*14 Years Later*

I watched him as he dressed.

"Are you seriously leaving again Logan?" I couldn't believe it. 2 years we have been messing around, and he still won't leave his wife. I stood in front of him.

"You said you were staying the day!"
He sighed before standing up tall.

"I know what I said, but I can't Amie. I have to get to my wife at home. I'm sorry." He grabbed his things and left just like he always does.

~Logan~

I walked into my home and was approached with a kiss from my wife. Three years I have been married to her, but three years I have been pretending to love her. There was only one person I wanted to be with, but I couldn't have her.

So, I had to replace her with Brittany. Brittany was beautiful, but she was no Jamie. She had no curves and always had the same routine.

I wanted something new and different and that is what I always experience with Jamie. Jamie had the curvy figure, hazel eyes, long curly hair and the perfect personality.

"Are you hungry?" I nodded my head and braced myself for whatever she cooked. Brittany was a good cook, but she was no Jamie. I found myself comparing Brittany to Amie a lot. Its wrong, but what keeps me interested. She placed the plate in front of me. Eggs, wheat biscuits and dry grits. I frowned, but covered it up before she could notice.  

I quickly swallowed my food and stood to leave for work. I grabbed my briefcase and kissed my wife on the cheek and left.

I walked into my office to be met with a cup of coffee and a stack of papers. I smiled and sat behind my desk and started my work.

"Mr.Reeds, your 12 o'clock is here." Her voice made me smile harder than I already was.

"Send them in Jamie." My door opened to a husband and wife. They were maybe in their mid 20s.

"Hello, I am Logan Reeds. Please, have a seat Mr. and Mrs. Hicks." I sit in my desk and watch their body language. They sit next to each other, but lean away from each other. They acted as if they were complete strangers.

"So, tell me what's the problem?" I leaned back in my chair and grabbed my pad to write. Mr. Hicks started first.

"My wife has been lying to me for a few years about her 'assistant," Mrs. Hicks rolled her eyes and looked away. I made sure to write it down. "She's been having an affair with her assistant for 3 years, and we've been married for 4 years and I've honestly..." Mr. Hicks was cut off by Mrs. Hicks.

"He makes me sound like a slut. I slept with someone outside of my marriage , but in all honestly its his fault. Only because he has been ignoring me before, only uses me when he needs me, and Michael.." Mr. Hicks interrupted her.

"So you mention his name. I told you before we left I didn't want to hear it." I stopped the argument and added my thoughts.

"You two have to learn to communicate and effectively. Interrupting each other will help nothing. You have to learn.." I was interrupted with a knock. I sigh.

"Come in." The beauty walked in.

"I am sorry to interrupt, but there was a call from your wife. Would you like for me to put her on hold or?"

"You can tell her that I will call her later." I did a small smile expecting one back, but she just turned and just like that she left.

Comment.vote.follow