Dragon Telepathy

Natsu misses Igneel, dearly. But nobody knows that dragons have invented a new magic to have telepathic relations with their mate and young slayers as well. Nobody knows that Natsu talks to Igneel everyday either. And then things change when Igneel finds out about Natsu's mate. So Igneel's trying to play matchmaker this time.

-

-

-

Really, I was happy. I was always happy. I don't ever remember when I was ever not happy. Actually, there was those times when Igneel had first disappeared, when I had thought Erza had almost died, the time when I thought Lisanna was dead too and whenever Lucy cries. I can't bear her tears.

But.. okay, okay. How the heck do I explain this without sounding weird?

The most basic way to explain it is that one day, I heard a voice in my head. And not any voice, it was Igneel's voice. At first, I thought I was hallucinating and I was tired but Igneel kept bothering me throughout the whole night saying stuff like BOY, WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO ME? and I was going to tell Happy but he probably would have thought I needed help or something like that.

So I answered back with an Igneel? Why do I keep hearing your voice? and I could literally hear Igneel smiling from across to the place wherever he was. And I knew he was smiling and I really wish I could have hugged him, right then and there, but I couldn't have.

Natsu, my boy! I've just come to tell you that the dragons have invented new magic that can make me talk to you! And I didn't know how to react. How could have I reacted? H- How long does it go for? I asked him, I was afraid for the thing to go only for a limited time. I never wanted to lose Igneel again, even if he was irritating.

It's limitless, Natsu. We can talk to each other for as long as we want too. And when he said that, I smiled. Even though if it wasn't like seeing the real thing, this was one step closer to finding him. I- I have so many questions. I said to him, clenching and loosening my fists.

Questions for me later, Natsu. First of all, tell me about your life.

Even though I had so much to ask him, I had so much to tell him as well. I took in a deep breath, even if I wasn't literally talking, it still would have been a long story.

That night, was the night that I talked to Igneel for the first time in years.

-

-

-

I rub my tired eyes and look at the bright and burning sun glaring outside the window. Actually, the shattered windows. My house looks like a drunk broke inside, smashed all the windows, stole all the valuables and chucked rotten food onto the ceiling. That's how horrible it looked.

Good morning, son. I hear Igneel's voice. It's been months since I first knew about the dragon telepathy. He always greets me in the morning. Good morning, dad. I tell him. I can hear Happy waking up soon. He's rolling around in his makeshift bed, so he's probably trying to get comfortable so he can rest more. I get out of the bed and kick Happy. "Get up." I tell him bluntly.

"Nnngh." He says and rolls over.

Most hyper morning ever. Igneel says and I wish I could slap him for his use of sarcasm, but unfortunately, I can not. Whatever. You know it's always like this. I tell him and roll Happy over. He mutters something like "Carla..." in his sleep and I roll my eyes. You're little buddy already found a mate, has he?

Mate? I knew what a mate was, and I wasn't playing dumb. Just hearing the word coming from someone is foreign. It even sounded foreign thinking of it. You know what a mate is. Have you found a mate, by the way? Igneel asked, and I knew he was doing a dragon smirk, even if I couldn't see him.

Uh- I- What? Because how else would you have reacted when your father asks if you have a mate? Igneel was probably rolling his eyes at me. I bet it's Lisanna. No- uh- me and Lisanna are only friends! I told him, frantically waving my arms in the air even though he couldn't see me do it. Erza? Mira? Cana? Ohohoho... He laughed and it was oddly creepy. Lucy? If it's not Lisanna, it's Lucy.

My face burned up. What the hell are you talking about? I said, trying to lower my temperature. So? Igneel asked, waiting for a response. Lucy, right? I could tell he was clearly enjoying this. I ignored him and waited until he said something else. You didn't deny it, my boy. He laughed.

You're getting the wrong idea. I huffed. What idea is there to there wrong? He asked me. I played with my toes, not knowing how to answer that. Hush, Igneel. I don't like her- I got cut off when Igneel says LOOK! NATSU! LUCY'S OUTSIDE! My breath hitches and I turn around, looking out the window before I get disappointed and find out that Igneel was trying to trick me.

She's definitely your mate.

No she isn't.

Think whatever you want. You can't run when you realize you're in love with her.

-

-

-

AN | I was thinking of making this a full story but I realized that my lazyness will extend every ounce of this world and beyond and the only thing I can complete would probably be some oneshots. Anyway this would have been the first chapter if I did make it a full story.

And basically if you don't get it, it's basically about the dragons finding a magic ehere they could talk to their sons or daughters through telepathy, and this was about Igneel and Natsu talking to each other. :D