Mistletoe [Gruvia special]

Under the mistle toe, stands a blushing Gray.

Under the mistle toe, stands a wide eyed Juvia.

Under the mistle toe, the two are staring at each other, biting their lip.

Gray shoves his hands into his pocket, whistling to a tune of song casually, trying to walk away slowly, trying to pretend as if he was never caught under the stupid mistle toe in the first place.

Juvia quickly pulls him toward her, "Gray-sama," she says, "don't walk away from Juvia."

Gray stares at the floor, eyes unblinking, forcing his blush away from his face. He could feel his own ice melting as she holds his arm. She was warm and for the first time, he could actually stand starting to melt.

"Gray-sama and Juvia are under the mistle toe." she says, tugging on his arm, reminding him of their awkward situation.

"Tch," Gray spits coldly at her, "It's not as if we have to listen to the thing. It's not like anybody saw us anyway." he says.

"Gray-sama.." her eyes are brimming with tears, her hands still clinging onto his arms, "Juvia still likes you. Even if there is no mistle toe, Juvia will still want to kiss you."

His stomach churns at her words and he's finding it harder to not want to just fuck her right there. But once he does pull down the act, the teasing that would come with it would be so embarrasing.

"Juvia," he says, choosing his next words carefully, "I don't feel the same."

Said woman lets go of his arms, her pretty blue eyes widening, now holding so many negative emotions. She is looking at him with disgust, hatred, fear.

But the emotion that he saw in her eyes that had hurt him the most was that she looked at him with the same sadness that she had when he met her, the same sadness before he saved her.

"Gray Fullbuster," she says, dropping the sama, "I give you all my love," Juvia continues, now speaking in first person, "which you can't even accept?"

She opens the door, outside of the guild, glaring daggers at him before walking outside.

But the truth is, he does.

He couldn't love anybody more than her.

He doesn't miss the fact that when she walks outside the sky is dark, it is raining, hailing even. And although it is Winter, Gray doesn't ever forget that it could be his fault.

He never misses the chiming voice of a pretty blue woman, singing and repeating the same word over and over again.

"Drip drip," he hears the sound of her voice, "drop drop." and her whisper is gone, leaving him in a puddle of guilt.

For the first time since forever, he feels cold.

The rain never stops; and it's his fault.

He doesn't save her another time.

-

Wow. Originally, I was gonna make the mistletoe fic a nalu fic but my plans changed and I figured mistletoe fics would be cuter with gruvia, I was gonna make it light and cute and a bunch of fluff and kawaii stuff like that. 030

..

..

..

Then...

this happened..

why do all my gruvia fics have to be angsty????????

I hate reading angst. :c

but gruvia has so much potential for angst. >:3 same with jerza >:D ALL THE ANGSTY FICS.

But Gale and Nalu are like the humorous couples

I don't even read gruvia fics. Why did I write one??

Because why not?? XDXDXDXD

PLEASEDONTGETMADATMETHNX

Also a little bit late but I wanted to do a christmas fic haha