Little fish

While the sun hits the royal blue ocean and the salty warm water creates small currents below the surface, air bubbles dance about themselves joyfully in the shining abyss of the sea. The elated hums of the dolphins and whales fill the open space singing intoxicating songs to their young. Schools of breathtaking fish bathed in red and violet come through seeking a new adventure in an unaccustomed surrounding, absorbing the summer heat before heading onward with their excited journey. Meanwhile a broken twig mournfully floats upward from the deep dark wonders below, reaching for the light it has not seen in a while, but the rapture of the joyful fishs current wistfully banishes the twig to the clouded, frigid ink below once more.

       As the twig floats down mournful and slowly losing the hope of reaching the bliss above, a small fish looking as if he was lost and wrapped in a yellow coat with hints of dusty pink peeking out from beneath his scaly skin, swiftly and anxiously swam past the brittle spruceling, causing it to tear away from the foreseen dusk and move gracefully and silently thanking the fish for helping him get on his way and up into the warm promise land ahead, leaving the little fish dashing and panicked into the pursuing lifelessness of oblivion that the hopeful twig tried so hard to overcome. Moving deeper and deeper into the now icy grey water, the little fish looked as though it had nowhere to go, nor did it have any idea on what to do, just floating in the impending fog. The chill of the cool waters had overcome the fish causing him to shiver like he was terror – stricken of the Black Sea that now faced him. Looking around, cautiously the little fish swam forward reluctantly as if not wanting to venture on anymore.

        While the sea grew darker and the fish grew anxious, the little fish continued on with his distressed journey. Then he came across a joyous school of blue jacks playing a game of tag in the murky water. The captivated little fish had stopped and stared at the eluding glee from the playful fish and continued on still staring at the fortunate bunch of friends and slowly creeped on into the dark abyss of the sea ahead. While the glum melody of a mother whale sang out for her missing young and the weeping pitch of an fading young dolphin filled the sea with its distress on its parents location. As the little fish continued onward sinking deeper and deeper into the darkness, everything around him seemed to float up gracefully to the shining blue waters above. Leaving the little fish surrounded by the Black Sea not a fish or air bubble in sight just the little fish slowly being enclosed by the permanent darkness around of him, and wishing that the claustrophobic feeling of dread that comes about each and every day would no longer come again, and he too can join the twig in the warm promised land.