Prologue

I run. As fast as I can. They're coming for me. They told me not to open the god damn box. Thanks to the curiosity that seeped into me and got bigger and bigger with every passing day, I just couldn't take it anymore.

Why give it to me? They know us humans are easily manipulated and how easily emotions can fill us up. Why couldn't they take it? They're way more powerful and difficultly manipulated. They have everything it takes to keep that freaking box safe.

It was their plan all along. Let curiosity get the best of me and make me unleash all these terrible things into our peaceful world. Our peace was not entertaining them, so they made sure to spice up everything with these vicious and violent beasts. How dare they?

I can't be thinking about things like this right now. They are chasing after me and I need to get as far away from here as I can. I need to hide from them, they can't find me. They'll kill me. Or worse, they'll turn me into something and give me an endless circle of life, stuck watching the people I loved grow older and watch my descendants pass me by without knowing about me. Or they might even torture me like they did to Prometheus. Poor man.

I need to leave. Find a way to get out of here and hide for as long as I live. I sometimes question if it would be better if I just dropped dead right here, right now. It would make things so much easier and I know Hades would put my soul in the Elysian Fields.

But what if Hades hates me for what I did, I think. What if all of them hate me for what I did? That idea convinces me that I'd be better off running and hiding than dying or worse.

I need to go somewhere that I can't be found. What if I go into the Middle East? I can pretend to be one of them and never get caught. They would never recognize me behind my veil. They've never even paid real attention to me. But then, a thought occurs to me: What if my creator recognizes me.

Of course he would recognize me, he's the one who put every detail into me and everything a beautiful lady should have. He's the one who sculpted me out of the stone-cold clay with his bare hands. He's the one who gave me a figure only women in their dreams would have. He's the one who gave me everything a woman can ever ask for in a body. Of course, he would recognize me, even if it was for a split second and from miles away.

My husband. What have I done? I should've thought this through. If I hadn't opened that God forsaken box, I wouldn't have needed to run and I could've been at home, sipping a nice cold drink with my dear Epimetheus. Oh, the love of my life, when will I be able to see you again?

While getting lost in my thoughts, I stumble on a branch in the forest. They've caught me. They are unbelievably fast and I had a good pace going. But now it's too late. Their speed is incredible and by the time I get myself up and get back to the pace I was going, it'll be too late. So I just lay there and wait.

They surround me like the way people surround someone who just got hurt. I know this is the end so right before I yell.

"I GIVE YOU MY WORD THAT I WILL BE AVENGED! AND I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO SEE THE DAY WHERE MY DEATH WILL HAVE REASON."

And just like that, it was the end. But I gave them my word that I will get them back for what they have done to me and I do not break a promise. Even as an angry soul in a mutating body.

Hello lovelies!
Alright so here I am introducing myself to you guys. Hi, my name is Victoria but I hate it when people call me by my full name so please call me Vic. I'm going into my third year of high school... I'm almost done! I live in Montreal which means I am automatically fluent in two languages: English and French. But I'm also fluent in a third and working on a fourth: Greek and Spanish ( in order). I am Greek and very proud of my roots ;).
Anyway, this is my first story and I hope you guys will enjoy it. Now, I'm already working on a second book (it has nothing to do with this book but it's equally as good and interesting so you should check it out!) and I promised there that I would try to get a chapter a week out for that story. Hopefully, I could do the same thing for this but we shall see because I have a life too :').
And please show your support by voting and commenting on my story. I love constructive criticism and am always open to your suggestions and comments. I would really appreciate it.
I'd like to remind everyone that this is UNEDITED so if I you see any mistakes or names that should not belong in the story please do me a huge favour and tell me... Thank youuuu!
Alright, it's time for me to go and work on the story. Thanks for reading my story,
Vic.