Chapter1

The virus broke out faster than anyone thought. The government tried to warn us but they only cared for themselves when violence had come. I had a wife and baby boy to protect,and I was willing to give up my life for them. Three months after the outbreak my family and I found a refuge that was safe for us. Everyday was a struggle, there was no food, or water. I went to hunt one day for some food and when I returned tears ran down my face. All of them were dead the zombies had overpowered them. I walked to my tent where my family was staying. It was the worst sight my eyes ever endoured. My wife was laying there with my child in her hands dead with a bite on her neck, and my child with a bite on his arm.

I pulled out my gun and i had to do what was necessary. I didnt want them to become zombies, because they deserved a better life than that. I felt the tear roll down my cheek. I knew it was the many tears that were yet to come. I put my finger on the trigger and shot them both directly in the temple, then I dropped down and told my wife and baby boy I was sorry that I let this happen. Everday from then on was spent by myself crying and mourning. I killed zombies for vengance. Killing zombies became a hobby, because it was a way for me to take out my anger and frustration with my life.

I had no friends, no family, but what i did have was hope. Hope that something would get better, but it never did, each day got worse and worse. It became lonlier and lonlier. It got to the point where i made a choice for the best. I sounded off a car alarm that was by, for I knew the zombies were attracted to it. My choice was to end this life of pain, and hopelessness.

I saw them run toward me, i pulled out my grenade and pulled the pin. I could slowly hear each click. I ran towards the zombies knowing that my life was at its end. Then i heard the last tick and i saw my wife and baby boy for the first time in 2 years. I could finally be with them forever. No more stress, no more crying. Now i could actually live a normal life, for it is what i always wanted...