Chapter 2

Johney wake up... Wake up. It was just another dream. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my beautiful wife Sarah wake me up. These dreams haunted me every night, because I was afraid it would be the future. The refuge was moving to another safe zone again. We moved constantly to stay away from all the zombies. I was holding my 2 year old son james on my back , and was walking next to Sarah. It was about a 10 mile walk to get to the next safe zone. We got there later that night and we set up are 10 by 10 foot tent. U was reading my son a Dr Seuss book so he could go to sleep,and he finally did. I started talking to Sarah about the dreams I was having.

She told me to have hope that everything would get better so I did. I woke everybody up the next morning and made breakfast. Sarah asked how my sleep was and I said it was better. After eating breakfast I went to walk around the campsite, and I saw some footprints leading towards our tent. The footprints weren't very big but I could tell they were from last night.

I told sarah about them and she told me not to worry about them, so I decided to let it slide. Later that night I heard footsteps coming towards our tent. I looked out side and it was a walker. I grabbed the machete and sliced its head off. Blood spilled all over the tent and James started crying. Sarah tried to calm him down but he didn't I heard more footsteps... They were coming clocser and closer. I started slashing the machete everywhere. After I killed a few I ran to Sarah and James and told them to run. I pulled out my gun and started shooting.

We kept running for several miles, and I realized that we were far away from the camp. I told sarah that we had to survive by our self. There was no more camp to stay at. All we had was my gun, machete and a cantine of water. We kept walking until we found some where to camp out. I made the fire for us and we slpet on the ground. We woke up to a loud sound. My head jerked up and I looked around. It was a heard of zombies heading towards us. RUN..RUN.

I had James on my back and sarah was in front of me. We ran until we hit the interstate. We all fell down from all the exhaustion we had just endoured.