Roy Chapter 13

The girl could shoot. Not bad.

Artemis and I walked down the sidewalk.

"Where did you say we were eating again?" Artemis looked up as her tummy grumbled.

"Not really sure yet. You know any good places? I don't really eat out," I replied. Artemis said she'd treat us to dinner with the money she had saved up. $12.10 She had given me the money to hold on to, and she gracefully began to head further down the sidewalk. A girl came by and bumped into my shoulder.

"Careful?" I questioned the girl.

"Really gonna question me?" The girl stared me in the eyes. I felt a tug at my shoulder.

"Are you coming?" Artemis tugged on my shoulder again.

"Be right there. Wait a second please Artemis," I looked back up at the girl, "Can you let us get on with our day please? Maybe not bump into random people?"

"Do you know who I am?" The girl said to me. I just realized why we were fighting over bumping into each other.

But if she was gonna argue, I was gonna argue, "No idea at all. I don't need to either. I see that your a pretty little rich girl who thinks that always get what they want. Well that doesn't happen here, princess."

"I'm Thea Queen, daughter of Moira Queen."

"Moira who?" The girl, Thea, stared at me. She walked away from me, ignoring me, and turned a corner.

Immediately after, there was a loud, "GET OFF ME!" It was the same girl, Thea.

I looked down at Artemis, "Dinner is going to have to wait. We gotta go save Thea Queen." I started running, making sure to hear footsteps of Artemis behind me. I turned the corner and saw Thea get yanked into a truck. She was defenseless. The truck sped straight at me, I grabbed the side of the truck. I picked up Artemis as we drove by her and got in the back of the truck. We both hid behind the window. Everyone we drove by would see us in plain sight, but not the drivers. I told Artemis to stay put. I smashed the window and jumped into the inside area of the truck. Thea immediately saw me and screamed. Her mouth was duck taped. I grabbed the driver by the head and banged it on the wheel. Twice. He became unconscious. The guy on the right looked at me and aimed a gun in my face. Thea couldn't help because she was tied up and duck taped. I was cornered. I heard a young girl scream as Artemis kicked through the window and landed in the mans lap. She slapped him across the face a few times as I grabbed Thea and pulled her out the door. We landed on the concrete hard as a I grabbed a nearby bike and peddled after the truck. I saw Artemis, fighting the man, and I yanked her back out of the window and behind me on the bike. The truck flew off into a building. That was the end of that. Thea caught up, and thanked both of us for help.

"What are your names, I mean, full names?" Thea asked.

"Mines Artemis Crock," Artemis smiled.

"What about you?" Thea asked me.

"I'm Roy."

"Last name?"

"Harper. Roy Harper."

A lady heard is from a distance and ran up, "Wait a minute... You killed my friend!" The lady said. I did? I've only robbed, not killed, and I didn't know what the lady was doing, but she seemed nervous.

Artemis looked me in the eyes, "Roy... Did you?" Her eyes teared up.

"No. No I didn't mam. You must have the wrong guy-"

A cop pulled up, "May I help you?"

"Take this man. He killed my friend."

"When was that?" The cop asked.

"I have video. It was a masked man but his name is Roy Harper. The name of this man is also Roy Harper. Plus, same jacket." Thea looked at me. Artemis looked at me. The cop grabbed me and handcuffed me, followed by getting yanked into his car. He started to drive away as he began speaking on his microphone.

"LET ME OUT! YOU GOT THE WRONG GUY!" I screamed. I heard shouts of Artemis behind me. She was running behind the car, and I saw her in the rear view mirror. Thea started running too.

"Quiet kid. Might as well admit it before you get into more trouble."

"I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE!"

The cop sped up and eventually I was out of sight of Artemis.

"Same jacket, same name. Anything else you want to say?" The cop turned around and looked at me. All I could think of was Artemis. Thea would help her, hopefully. Meanwhile, I needed to prove my innocence...