Chapter 19

Kristine's POV

Rooftop.. Rooftop.. Wow. This is hard. Not to mention, impossible to pull off.

Might as well die right.

"First, we'll rip all curtains off and tie them tightly with each other." Pia said.

"Um Pia? Okay ka lang ba? You do realize that only is possible in the movies. Uhm, hello. This is the real world! Kamatayan bagsak natin diyan." I said.

"I know! But we need to take a risk. A HUGE RISK. RISK LIFE AND DEATH. Also, 3 floors lang naman to. It might work! Just believe." She said.

"Haaaaay. Okay. Sige." I said.

Together we both searched for curtains and tied them as tightly as we could. We also used a bunch of rags and stray shirts and pants we found to lengthen the makeshift rope we were making.

"Do you think aabot na to hangga ground floor?" She asked.

"Well, I hope so." I answered.

"Next step?" She said.

"Find the way to the rooftop." I said.

"Remember the vault we had to crawl in sa tabing room? We could maybe go back there and find our way to the rooftop." She suggested.

"Sabagay, and it's gonna be easier cause it's to the top so we dont have to deal with turning left and right." I added.

We collected the whole cloth rope and both pulled it towards the vault. We first threw it in and we followed.

It was easier this time because we were able to stand on the sink.

We crawled our way to the top.

After what felt like years, we finally reached it.

The first thing that welcomed us when we reached the rooftop is the fresh air.

It was so refreshing.

What surprised us is when we looked down there were no cars nor people in sight.

What the heck?

The place around the building is a completely deserted area.

The previous small establishments and apartments now almost demolished.

No trace of human life.

Nagyakapan kami ni Pia.

We were terrified.

But we had to end this. We'll worry about escaping after we burn this place.

We opened the equipment area and brought out all oil we could find and drenched everything in it. We found a rope and drenched it with gas and placed it on the vault.

"Go?"

"GO!"

And with that I lit the match and immediately fire blazed through the gas and oil and we both ran towards the rope we tied and slowly went down.

Halfway through, Drew showed up to us again in the windows we've been passing through.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING! MGA HAMPASLUPA!" He shouted.

And he unleashed an unknown force and we both fall on the ground.

I could feel my body falling.

Everything was a blur.

*CRASH*

I could taste the metal in my mouth and feel it dripping on my forehead.

I looked back and saw Pia dead.

OH MY GOD.

I'm all alone.

I was crying.

When suddenly I heard sounds..

"Adwkanlqpakz..."

I couldn't recognize the sound.

Finally I saw them approaching.

A wave of what seemed to be cannibals or zombies.

They were coming for me.

I couldn't run, I couldn't hide.

They started biting and eating my arms and legs.

And everything turned to black.