The King is Coming

The plants grow on the walls and creatures unnamed to humans skitter by. I sit on my pearly throne and wait for the man who will take my place. The sky grows dark and the plants shrivel as the man who bores black nears the castle.

All at once the man busts through the gates. My people drop dead with fear and I held onto my breath.

"Alaion!" The man screeched. "I have come to take this Kingdom that is rightfully mine!"

"Of course you have Nylian.." I stood, grasping the dagger hidden under my cream colored clothing.

"Alaion." He brandished a sword of brambles. "You cannot win."

With swift movement's Nylian rushed at me, it was almost as if time itself had stopped. Nylian's soft black curls were tossed back, his face contorted into a scream of rage.

"Nylian...." The words escaped with my last breath as the sword pierced my heart.

"This has to be done." The male said bitterly and slid the blade out of my flesh, my body falling to the floor. This is okay, this is what I was born to do. I am simply a pawn in a bigger game.

The plants die on the walls and the corpses of creatures unnamed by humans dot the ground. A man who bores black sits on a throne of skulls and contemplates his own death. The sky grows blue and flowers begin to bloom...a new king is coming to the castle.

--- Special thanks to Katie, she really encouraged me to make this into a longer more detailed story ---
((Hey guys! I know this a little different from what I usually post, but I thought you'd like this! I might make this into an actual story. What do you guys think?))