Art: A Mistress

Art is immortal.

It screams to be admired by a scrutinizing eye of someone who is sensitive enough to feel the warmth of the colors, the sharpness of the hues, the expertise of the strokes. It is a square piece and on it colors duel and shapes intertwine with another.

I have always been fascinated with art. May it paintings, sculptures, books, poetry, movies, and other forms of artistic creations.

I love to contemplate on their uniqueness, emotion, and story.
It really intrigues me how an art piece can make a person think that deep, feel conflicting and strange emotions.

The color makes you wonder of the emotions. Do they scream of anger, delight, ecstacy, pain, and more. The hues make you wonder of the softness and smoothness or the sharpness of it.The strokes makes you think of those hands so careful to draw the lines and to which direction must it start and end.Or how defined the shapes are.

I once read that art is a dangerous mistress. And I wondered, "What does it mean?" And maybe as time goes by, looking at the series of art masterpieces and people whose hands made it possible to create such creation, I began to realize that art will make you fall deeper in its beauty. It will make you crave for more and require more of your soul. It absorbs your soul until you cannot escape anymore. It will make you do the things you couldn't imagine doing.It will seduce you and leave you helpless.

We are all an art piece like the art that we admire. We are filled with conflicting colors, hues,and shapes. We are all an art which hangs on the walls of this world waiting for someone to see the colors that we hide and to seduce someone who will readily fall for our exclusive beauty.

Art feels.
Art loves.
Art rages.
Art is us.