Chapter 1

"Someone needs to help them" my sister Allison spoke. "Not us" dad replied. "I'm getting the consulting business back up and running, you and your sister need to graduate that's a normal life and that's what we agreed on" he replied as I put my ear up against the door to hear more clearly "So we just ignore it?" Allison asked "We stay out of it" he replied. I looked through the key hole and I saw my dad walking towards her. "There's a pack of alphas trying to kill my friends, how do I stay out of that?" She asked again. "There's a saying for these kinds of situations, The kind you have to navigate carefully it's called threading the needle its finding a safe path between two opposing forces" dad spoke with a calming voice.
"Sounds like saving your own ass" she replied back. Then I saw her heading towards the door. "They're not your family" he said slamming his hand on his desk. "With all the family I lost I could use a few friends" she stops before opening the door. "Allison" he calls out her as she starts twisting the door knob to leave the his office. I came to the realization that's she's leaving the office and she's gonna catch me snooping. Without hesitating I ran back to my room almost tripping over a shoe in the that was left in the hallway.

As I poked my head out from my bedroom door I heard the sound of Allison slamming the front door. She stormed out of our apartment. I came from out of my room and made my way to my dads office. Well he clearly looks upset I thought as I noticed his facial expression. "Dad?" I called out. "Oh hey honey" he said looking up at me. "Is everything okay?" I asked, leaning against his office door. "Yeah everything's fine" He answered my question. "Oh may I go to the library to work on my report for French class?" I replied. "Oh sure just as long as you're back by 12 and be carful please" he grabbed his car keys off of his desk "Oh and if you see your sister tell her that I need to see her right away" he said walking past me, leaving the room. "Okay!" I yelled as he walked off into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Well that was weird. I walked into my bedroom to grab my bag, phone and headphones and I left my apartment and headed off towards the local library of Beacon Hills.

Just as I was putting my headphones into my ears I heard some wolves howling in the distance as if they were in pain. I sure hope Allison is okay I thought as I played a song on my phone ignoring the fact that there was actually wolves in Beacon Hills. I mean I've known for a while now so it's not really a surprise to me.

I've known about it ever since my family shut me out when my mother passed away and when Allison has changed for good. Boy I sure do miss my big sister. We used to go shopping all the time and go to the karaoke nights the employees always host at the café.

I slowly started humming the beat of the song we did that one last night I saw my sisters true self.

Quickly breaking out my thoughts I came to a realization that I had already reached the front doors of the library. That was fast I thought but then again I was lost in my thoughts the whole time on the way over here. I took off my headphones, shoved them into my bag and headed off into the library.

"Ugh" I groaned in frustration as I flipped through pages of a book while biting my bottom lip. "Why can't I find this!?" I panicked as I was getting ready to throw the book down onto the floor. "Having trouble I see?" A voice suddenly called out to me as I looked over to the man. "Is it that obvious?" I asked the strange man wearing glasses while holding a cane in one hand. He picked up his cane and felt around for a chair with it. It wasn't long before he felt the one right next to me. He plopped onto the chair and replied "Yeah". He let out a small chuckle and asked "What do you need help with?" while leaning over to pick up the book that I was getting frustrated with earlier. "Oh I need to find out what date the catacombs in Paris were built but this stupid book doesn't have anything about the catacombs in it" I said turning to him.

I know I shouldn't be talking to strangers but this man seems pretty nice and he looks like he knows a lot about things.