The Boy in Black *Robin de Noir*

The afternoon sun shone through the trees as I walked through the forest in Moonacre Valley. I wore my hair in a high ponytail, with wavy black tendrils cascading down my back. My dress was brown and beige with a leather corset, and was long enough to run easily in. The riding boots I had on were still holding together nicely, even though I wore them almost every day since I last got them. After my parents died when I was eleven, I was sent to Moonacre to live with my father's good friend, Sir Benjamin Merryweather. It took a while for me to get adjusted living there, but within time he became like a father to me. Even after six years, Benjamin still won't bring up my parents' death no matter how much I question. I was now the last of the Nightingales. However, I still remember how my father used to call me his "little moon" because of my name; Lunara. The only thing I have left of them besides my memories are my father's dagger, and my mother's violet eyes.

I hadn't been walking for a while, when i noticed i had gone farther away from Merryweather Manor, than i ever have. I was far past the giant iron gate which lead into Moonacre and near a wide gravel path. There was a faint rumbling off in the distance, like the sound of a horse pulling a carriage. It sparked my curiousity, since no one ever visited here. Besides, taking the road near the forest, meant an easy target for bandits. I wondered if it could be the family member Benjamin had mentioned a couple weeks ago. I hesitated, but I began to follow the carriage as silent as possible. When they came up to the iron gate, I watch from behind a tree, as Digweed (Benjamin's main assistance around the house) unlocked it. Moments later, I saw the carriage being attacked by a group of young bandits all in black. A small red-headed girl was being pulled out of the carriage by what looked to be the leader of the group. Digweed didn't even have a clue what was going on! Something came over me, and I rushed over and pushed the boy down from the carriage. I fell on my back just as the carriage went full speed ahead through the gates. I was still on the ground when the gate closed shut and it took me only a moment to realize... I was surrounded by De Noirs.