Chapter 7 - Yet Another Hangout

This chapter is gonna be LONG...but, anyway, on with the story~!! (btw, the place that they go to is a real place....)

* * *

Levi POV:

I got out of my car and walked to my front door. It's been a few weeks, so I me and my family have gotten settled in for the most part. Still a few boxes here and there, but nothing too big. I put my heavy bag down on the couch (like, I swear it weighed as much as a big baby), and walked into the kitchen to make some tea. Anytime I had a long day or I just need to relax I made a steaming hot cup of tea. Most people would turn to coffee or something, but that only makes things worse.

I grab open one of the tea bags from Lipton and put it in the water that I had microwaved. I lifted up the glass by the rim with one hand and brought it up to my lips. The warm drink filled my mouth with its bitter taste and went down to my stomach; making it feel all warm and fuzzy.

I looked at the way I held my cup. I've been holding it like this forever. I remember the first time Eren saw me drinking like this...

We were at a dinner party with my, (at the time) Eren's, and a few other of my parents friends families. Me and Eren - being only 8, had to sit at the kiddie table with all the 4-5 year old messy brats. We both sat at the end of the table, watching the little kids wipe sweet potatoes and bits of steak everywhere.

"Disgusting little maggots, aren't they?" I say, turning to Eren.

Eren nodded in agreement. "Why can't we sit with the adults? Or at least with the preteens." he complained.

"I don't know..." I say, turning down to my plate. It consisted a few slices of ham, a bread roll, and some macaroni. "...life's just cruel that way."

Eren frowned and poked at his own serving of flank steak. He looked up and furrowed his brows. "I can't eat with these disgusting kids here...wanna move?"

"Sure." I say. I grab my utensils and cup of lemonade.

We take a seat on the couch, putting our plates on the coffee table. I was thirsty, so I grab my cup with lemonade. I took a sip of some of it, and set it down again. I hear Eren shake a bit, so I look over. Eren was shaking because the appeared to be holding back laughter - smiling like an idiot.

"What?" I ask.

"You...you really hold your glass like that?" he asks me, laughing a bit.

I pick up my plastic knife. "I'll cut you."

He immediately stopped laughing and nervously started eating again. That'll teach him to shut up.

"Why was I so violent as a kid?" I mutter to myself. My phone buzzed on the table, where I left it.

I walk over to it and pick it up. It was a text...from Eren.

Eren: Hey :P

Levi: Hi.

Eren: So I was wondering...since it's Friday and all...

Levi: ...yes?

Eren: Would you want to hang out tonight or something?

I thought about it for a minute before replying.

Levi: Sure, why not

Eren: Cool! :D ...are ur parents ok with it thou?

Levi: They honestly don't care what I do. I'll just leave a note on the counter...they get home late anyway