Chapter Two

Hi. I am so sorry I haven't been updating. I have had the largest writer's block and even though that's no excuse, I hope you'll all bear with me. Plus I'm in my final year in school and I've been so swamped so I haven't even had time to sit down and try to go over the block. I'm sorry. Here's chapter Two.

"Feyi ti de oh!! " Feyi smiled as she alighted from the cab. She had missed her mom so much. It was obviously mutual as her mom hugged her fiercely.
" HI momma" she smiled.
"my baby. I missed you so much. Bawo ni? How was your trip? So ti Jeun? "
" I missed you too mom. My trip was fine and yes I had something to eat on the way here. " Feyi laughed. She was quite used to her mom's erratic questioning. She thanked the cab driver as he brought down her luggage from the boot of the car. She and her mom carried one each on each hand and proceeded to climb the interior stairs to their flat.

"how is uncle Bode? " Feyi asked her mom as they entered their three bedroom flat in Surulere. Uncle Bode was her mom's husband. And was the Father Feyi had missed for twelve years.
" He's fine. He and the twins went to his parents' place. I decided to wait here for you so you won't come home to an empty apartment. " she smiled at her daughter.
Bimbo Craig was a beautiful woman. She had the darkest skin that glowed with vitality and her dark hair had never seen chemicals that made it" relaxed" as the women who used them call it. Feyi looked like a younger version of her mother and people had mistaken them for twins quite a lot.

"Aw mom. You should have gone. I wouldn't have minded."
"No oh. Ahan. I haven't seen you in months. And they're here all the time. Besides, they're not my favourite people in the world as you well know." She winked at Feyi and they both burst out laughing. The Craigs weren't her favourite people either. They were forever disapproving of their son's marriage to Feyi's mother and even more of Feyi who had been born out of wedlock.
"Are you sure you're not hungry?  I can make amala for you. I cooked egusi last night. " Her mom asked.
" No mommy, I'm fine. I'd just like to have a bath. Is there water? " she asked.
" No darling, I'd have to go downstairs and fetch a bucket for you. The pumping machine spoilt yesterday and we're yet to see the man who's supposed to fix it. Where's my phone, let me call him.... " she lost her train of thought as she started searching for her phone.  Feyi smiled fondly and went to the bathroom to get a bucket to fetch water in the compound downstairs.
She got downstairs and opened the tap and it brought out water for all of two seconds before it stopped. She sighed. What was she going to do now? This one too has stopped. She thought. Just as she was about to carry the bucket and close the tap in defeat, it sputtered and started gushing. She smiled in relief and jumped when she heard a deep voice.
"That was amazing. Can you do that again?"

I know I know. *cringes*.  That was terrible. Forgive me for that and for the cliffhanger too. I'll update soon. Cheers. Attached is a picture of what Feyi looks like. A general idea.