Chapter One

I watch as the letters slowly appear on my arm. 210 S Brooklyn Avenue, Oakview, Tennessee, the next location my soul mate has written on his arm.

My name is Jamie Stout. I live in a world where all soul mates are linked. Whatever we put on our arms, also appears on our soul mates arms. I am a drawer and a writer, a very artistic person. My soul mate constantly writes appointments, schedules, and other things he wouldn't want to forget on his arms. I have been trying to meet him; but, every time I show up, he doesn't appear. It's just my luck that his next appointment is just a block away from my house.

It is 9:00 the next morning when my alarm wakes me up. I shower quickly, then get dressed in white shorts and a light blue tank top. I eat a quick breakfast before grabbing my phone, purse, and wallet. I walk out of my house and down the street to the cafe. I go to the counter and order a hot chocolate before sitting in a booth by the window to wait for my drink. I watch as people come in and leave before taking my pens out of my bag. I set the pens on the table and look through them before choosing a purple and drawing a flower on my arm. I start drawing colorful designs leading from the flower before getting an idea. I grab my red pen and write 'Hi' on my arm.

I finish my hot chocolate and put all my pens but one in my purse before heading out the door and to my house. I make a quick lunch, then get dressed in my work uniform and heading to the other side of town. I work at a pizza place on W Main St. It's called Peepers Pizzas and is very busy the five hours I work there daily.

I arrive at the pizza place and put my stuff in my locker before clocking in and starting work. It is slow at first, then as the dinner hours come, gets busier. Before I know it I am off and heading home again. I take off my uniform and hop in the shower. As the water washes over me, I just happen to look at my arm and see new writing on it. El Restaurante Gigante is scribbled in purple ink. There is a time beneath, 3:30. I quickly finish my shower and get out, looking at the clock. I calculated in my head and decided I would have enough time to get to the restaurant, if I hurried. I put on a cute, knee-length, flowered dress and a pair of black sandals before light makeup and just a touch of lip gloss.

Grabbing my purse and phone, I walk to the restaurant and take a seat in a booth. I wait and soon the waitress comes. She introduces herself as Tianna and hands me a menu before asking for my drink order. I order an iced sweet tea with lemon and she leaves. I look through the menu before deciding on El Nacho Grande. It takes about forty minutes for my meal to arrive and I start eating while watching the door. About an hour later I finish my food. With still no sign of my soul mate, I sigh and walk out of the restaurant, once again heading toward home. I arrive and take off my shoes before going to bed.

My name is Zach Diggs. I can never remember my appointments and meetings so I write them on my right arm. I find myself constantly looking at my left for drawings from her. They're unique and simply amazing. I feel the familiar tingly feeling on my arm and look down to see lines and curves being drawn. A smile forms as I watch the shapes take form. The feeling stops to reveal a butterfly resting on a flower. She is so artistic. I find myself itching to meet her; to know her. I have to. I pick a place and time. El Restaurante Gigante at 3:30. I notice the time is 2:45, so I start getting ready.

Soon I grab my wallet and put it in my pocket before leaving. I walk to the restaurant and take a seat, watching for her. I have no idea what she looks like, just how her arms will. I sigh wait for an hour before leaving. Just as I am about to turn toward home, I notice a girl with drawings on her arms heading in the opposite direction. I quickly look at my arm and back to hers, and then she's gone. I sigh and head home, getting ready for bed then falling asleep.