Perfect World

Ben blinked awake, and brushed his thick black fringe out of his deep blue eyes. He opened his small lips, showing his immaculate white teeth, and let out a faint yawn. Standing up, he raised his muscular arm and checked his watch. He was late. After searching the bedroom floor frantically for his shirt, his eyes were a blaze with frustration. Turning round on the bed, he noticed that Leon was now awake and standing over him. Leon was a lot taller than Ben was, and he had blonde hair. His face was tanned, and his jawline square. He leaned over to Ben's cheek, and kissed it gently. Ben's eyes softened at the touch of his lover.

"Morning sweetie," smiled Leon.

"Morning" replied Ben, still a little dazed by the kiss.

Ben located the missing shirt, and slipped it over his ripped chest.

"I'm late for work," Ben told Leon.

"Yeah, me too."

Both men finished getting dressed. Then they descended the old, wooden case, walked onto the street, and Leon waited as Ben locked the front door of their home. They walked to the end of the street together, then Leon turned left with his briefcase and hat, and Ben turned left wearing his white coat and stethoscope. Leon was a rich business man, working on the edge of town, and Ben practiced as a doctor in the local hospital. They met after one of Leon's financial advisers tripped and fell down the stairs. Ben had been one of the doctors called to the scene. It was love at first sight. But of course, they had to be careful who they told about their love affair. Homosexuality was a crime, and there was even rumours going around that Hitler was sending gay men and women to death camps, along with Jews, disabled people, and anyone who didn't fit into his 'perfect world'.