That Was Impossible

No. That was impossible. He'd died, hadn't he? On that terrible day when the two of them were separated? Ben was sure of it, until he noticed a figure standing in the doorway. He was a lot taller than Ben was, and he had blonde hair. His face was tanned, and his jawline square. It was Leon.

"Leon!" Ben shouted as loudly as he could manage. "It's really you! You came back!"

"Yes. I never stopped looking for you, and now I've finally found you!"

They spent hours talking about their experiences and what they had done in the last six decades. They'd never been so happy. Until eventually, Ben's chest started to hurt more.

"I think this is it," he told Leon.

"It's not fair!" protested Leon "I've spent all this time looking for you, and now you're going to die."

Both of them began crying. Leon squeezed Ben's hand and told him not to be afraid.

"I love you firefly" sobbed Leon.

"I love you too butterfly" stuttered Ben.

They stared at each other for a few moments, then eventually, Ben cried out in pain, and the heart monitor flat lined. Leon sank his head into Ben's chest and screamed out, as if he had just been stabbed in the heart with a knife made of ice. He'd never felt such sorrow and sadness.

"Time of death, 11:29PM."