Chapter 35: So Cold

A/N If any of you are in the mood to bawl your eyes out, listen to the song So Cold by Ben Cocks while reading this chapter, it's the song that inspired it:) 

_________________

The door swung open and Louis barged into the room, looking positively worse for wear. "Stella, I-" He began, stopping when his eyes locked in on a still shirtless Niall. "What the fuck is going on here?"

"Exactly what it looks like." Niall replied cockily, smirking. I buried myself in the sheets, trying to make myself invisible, but I may as well put a huge neon sign over the bed frame that read "Stella is here."

"No." I could hear Louis say. "No way in hell this is what it looks like. Because if it is, someone is going to die."

Niall scoffed. "Is that so? Because if I remember properly, I told you I was going to snap your neck if you came near Stella again."

"Stella. Is. Mine." Louis growled. "How many times does she have to fucking reject your ass before you realize that she doesn't want you?"

"Really, she doesn't want me? Is that why she was screaming out my name in bed a couple minutes ago?"

I heard a sickening crunch and a thud, and I immediately pushed back the bed covers, taking in the scene unfolding in front of me with unadulterated dread. Louis had just plowed his fist into Niall's face, causing him to go reeling back into the wall, blood pouring from his nose. Before I could even do anything to stop him, Niall catapulted himself at Louis, tackling him to the ground and slamming his fist into his jaw.

"Stop it!" I screamed, but of course they weren't going to listen to anything I had to say. This fight was a long time coming, I was actually surprised it hadn't happened sooner. I just wished that it wasn't happening now.

Louis had somehow managed to knee Niall in the groin, causing him to fall to the ground in pain. He then proceeded to stand back up and kick Niall in the stomach.

"What the fuck is going on up here? We can hear you all the way from downstairs!" Perrie appeared in the doorway, a look of sheer terror appearing on her face. "Oh shit." She swore before turning around and running back downstairs.

Meanwhile, Louis and Niall were still going at it. Niall had managed to get in a couple punches by the looks of things, because Louis' face and tshirt were covered in blood. As of right now, Louis had Niall against the wall and was right about to land a left hook when the door flew open and Zayn and Liam came storming into the room, followed by Harry, Eleanor, Danielle, Perrie, and a whole crowd of people in the hallway trying to catch a glimpse of the drama. Liam grabbed Louis by the collar of his blazer and yanked him off of Niall, whilst Zayn wrapped his arms around Niall's bruised chest, restraining him.

"Let go of me Liam!" Louis roared, struggling against his grip, but thankfully Liam held fast, although Louis did succeed in elbowing him in the stomach.

"Harry!" Liam called, obviously in pain. "Harry, come talk to him, he'll listen to you."

Harry pushed his way through the crowd, grabbing Louis' arm and whispering something in his ear. Louis looked reluctant, but finally stopped attempting to break free from Liam. Niall had stopped struggling too and was now animatedly explaining something to Zayn, looking absolutely furious.

"Louis, are you okay?" Eleanor screeched, pushing Harry out of the way to get to him. "How did this happen?"

"Get off me Eleanor." Louis said disgustedly, turning for the first time to give me a venomous glare. Eleanor followed his gaze, fury clouding her eyes when she saw me sitting partially dressed in the bed, praying no one would notice me.

"I should have known this would have something to do with you!" She yelled. "God you stupid slut, why do you always have to ruin everything? You couldn't go one night without letting one of these two in your pants?"

"Shut up Eleanor!" Perrie said forcefully, walking over to me and covering up my paralyzed form with the blanket. "As for everyone else, you don't have to go home, but you better get the hell out of here."

There was groans of disappointment from the crowd, but no one protested. I had never been so humiliated in my entire life. Not only did the entire school know that I had just slept with Niall, but now everyone thought I was nothing more than some easy, slutty cheater. Nobody knew that Louis had cheated on me first, and after this, no one would believe me if I told them. They would finally accept what they had always assumed: that i'd been fucking around with Niall this entire time.

"I'm out of here." Louis said finally, breaking the silence that had arrived with the departure of the crowd. "I'll murder him if we spend another second in the same room together."

Liam calmly put a hand on Louis' shoulder. "Dude, you need to chill, okay? Harry's going to take you back to his place and i'll take your car home, if that's alright."

Louis took a deep breath before nodding. "Yeah, that's alright."

"Niall, you're coming with me." Zayn said, but Niall vigorously shook his head.

"I'm not leaving without Stella." He announced, wiping his bloodied face off on his tshirt.

Zayn's voice dropped to a whisper. "Niall, just let it go for now. She'll be here with Perrie, you can come see her tomorrow if she wants you too."

I could feel Niall turn to look at me for back up, but I couldn't find any words to say. Perrie, who was holding me protectively, answered curtly. "I think it's best if Stella doesn't see either of you for the rest of the weekend."

Louis laughed darkly. "The rest of the weekend? Try never again. I want nothing to do with her."

"Then leave, Louis!" Perrie yelled. "Take your cocaine snorting, cheating, drunk ass and get the fuck out of my house."

"With pleasure." His eyes narrowed. He turned and angrily stalked out of the room, not even glancing back.

I don't know what it was, but in that moment something inside me snapped. Watching him walk so carelessly out of the room after all we had been through, well it destroyed me.

I threw off the blanket and attempted to run after him, but Liam caught my arm and tried to restrain me.

"Get off of me!" I screamed. "I need to talk to him."

"Stella, no!" Perrie cried. "It'll only make things worse."

"Perrie's right, Stel." Liam said calmly. "He's not in a good place right now, he almost just beat Niall to death, we can't take the risk that he'll hurt you."

I ignored both of them. Wrenching my arm from Liam's grip, I tore off down the stairs, calling out Louis' name. By this time, he was about a hundred feet down the road, walking quickly but not seeming to have any destination in mind. I sprinted out after him, reaching out a hand to put on his shoulder, but he violently shook me off.

"Don't touch me! You're probably diseased. Who knows how many guys you've fucked at this point, honestly." He said angrily, his words like a slap to the face.