Day 1- Unspecified Beach

Erik looked around at the 15 other teenagers that were strewn about on the deck of the large sail boat they were on. They were told that no speaking was allowed, and some of the crew would be around to enforce the rule. He didn't know why the rule was enforced so much, but he, like the others, followed it. The lack of communication didn't stop him from trying to get a grasp on the personalities of his soon to be castaway friends.

The first thing he noticed was the amount of diversity in the cast. He'd remembered from most other seasons that there was usually only about three people of color at most. Here on the ship there were people of some Asian American descent, like himself, but also some of Hispanic American, some of African American, and, of course, the Caucasian Americans.

There was a rich looking young white kid wearing expensive looking shoes and a tie. His discomfort was displayed by his grimace that anybody could see within the first second of setting their eyes on him. Erik didn't know if he would last long, especially since he looked to be the youngest one there.

He stumbled forward as the ship hit a rather large wave. He backed up to the railing, his left leg hitting the metal with a small ring. 'Guess I have my own setbacks.' he thought as he went back to surveying the crowd.

Another person who caught his attention was the older looking girl wearing the orange dress and blue high heels. The outfit seemed to scream attention as the colors seemed to clash a bit, and her face held a rather goofy smile as she looked around the ship in a bored manner.

Though the person that most drew his attention, as well as many others he was sure, was the goth kid. A black lipped scowl adorned a blindingly white face. The pale skin was only exemplified by the pure black garb he wore, including black boots and a bit of mascara visible from beneath his rather large eyes.

Erik stopped his surveying of his peers to think back to why he was here. SURVIVOR. The greatest social experiment to ever grace reality television. Where they would strand random strangers on an island to try and live, all while voting people off until one remained. Erik always assumed it was another moronic show people watched mindlessly, like other reality tv shows from CBS or ABC and the like. He decided to audition, and to his surprise he was one of about 600 to 1000 teens picked for the first ever Child Survivor.

He was told about how he'd have to endure extreme physical challenges, a lack of comfort, and the possibility of starvation. Erik found it hard to believe that they'd actually let some people starve on the show, but after doing some research, he'd found that some people had actually gotten health issues from the show. He still somewhat doubted how truthful the warning had been.

After passing a few islands, Erik noticed a rather large body of land that the boat seemed to be heading to. 'Well, at least we get the nicest looking deserted island.' he mused.

He could see a shoreline covered with snow white sand, the occasional stone and crap breaking the smooth layout. He continued studying the area until he heard a door open and close from behind him. He turned towards the center of the deck to see his new host, the man with the ever lasting dimples, Jeff Probst. Wearing white khakis, a blue shirt with multiple pockets, and a cap with the Survivor logo on it.

"Castaways, line up on the front of the ship, please!" he announced.

The adolescents all assembled in a line at the front. Some looked nervous, some looked excited, and some kept their expressions from before, such at the bored look of the girl in the dress or the scowl of the supposed goth boy. One thing they all shared were locked eyes on the aging man in front of them.

"Welcome to the Caribbean, but more importantly, welcome to Survivor." He received a bit of clapping and a small cheer from a few of the teens before continuing.