Letters to Natsu

Lucy picked up a piece of paper and pen before settling down at her desk. She began to write a letter and her pen hovered centimeters above the paper. She wrote down a name before scribbling it out and replacing it with another. She thought about what to say for a minute before she began writing and found that everything just flowed.

Dear Natsu,

It hasn't even been half a year and so much has happened, of course you know that though. You caused a lot of it yourself, after all you were the one to bring me to Fairy Tail. I want to thank you for that and for saving me twice when we were against Phantom Lord. I want to apologize to you for freaking out when you break into my apartment because deep down I would probably be lonely without you. I don't want to imagine what life would be like if I never had the courage to run away or if I hadn't been in Hargeon at the right time. Also, although you will never admit it, I really did appreciate you digging up that tree so I could see it.

You just barged into my room, so that's it for now.

~Lucy.

Dear Natsu,

We just got back from Edolas. That was crazy wasn't it? I didn't say it in the last one, but I'm not quite sure why I've decided to write you. You'll never read them after all, then again, I would never let you. I know you probably got into my letters to my mother when I ran away a few months ago. I began writing those after she died in the year 777. Things were hard with my father, as you know, and I just needed someone to talk to. I loved my spirits, but I couldn't pour all of my thoughts and feelings into them. It was nice to think that maybe, somehow, she was capable of reading what I wrote in those. It's kind of funny though, I mean here I am rambling away and writing things to you, even though I never want anybody to read them. Usually, as a writer, you want your work read, but I never seem to have that desire. It even took Levy many hours of begging to get me to let her read my novel!

Anyways, it seems like you always save us somehow Natsu. First with Phantom, then the Tower of Heaven, even with the Oracion Seis, and now this. Want to know something? I never quite understood how you were able to get places just in time. You must be lucky or maybe that hearing of yours is more handy than I thought. I'll probably never find out just how you do it, how you make it just when you're needed, no matter the situation. I never expected something like Edolas to be a possibility, I don't think anything could top what just happened. I'm glad I'm in Fairy Tail, Natsu, more than you'll ever understand.

~Lucy

Dear Natsu,

It's been seven years, seven long years. I haven't touched, thought, grown, or spoken, none of us have. Not since Tenrou at least. It's been so long since we've seen anyone and so much has changed. We'll be entering the Grand Magic Games to take back our spot as number 1 though! I have hope in us, I think we can win despite us being seven years behind. On a darker note, he's dead. I miss him so much. If I had one regret in life, it would be that I didn't make things right with him before we left. I know he loved me and I hope he knew that I cared for him too. Did you know he paid for my rent for all seven years? He sent me a gift for every single birthday of mine. He truly believed that we would be returning and that there was still hope. I wish..Never mind that, I'll just make myself more upset if I start thinking about the impossible. Besides, you're calling me anyways. Let's go do this mission!

~Lucy

Dear Natsu,

We did it. We won. We beat the dragons albeit with some struggles along the way. I'm just relieved I had you with me, you really do boost everyone's morale. It wasn't easy, when I or, really, she died. Did you know she left behind a journal? Inside she recounted everything that happened, however it didn't end the same. To have to watch everyone, to watch you... I don't want to imagine it. I think that's why I hugged you, I just wanted to know you were there, to let you know that I was more thankful than any words could explain. You're the one who believes that actions speak much louder than words, and in your case they almost always do. I think this time, that this was true for me as well, there's only so many words after all and I couldn't think of a single to explain how I felt. The only thing that could even come close to it was thank you.

My words to you during the games about believing in you have been proven correct once again. You always pull through, somehow. I have to go though, I just heard my window open and the only person to ever come through it is you.

~Lucy

Dear Natsu,

I miss Fairy Tail, I miss Aquarius, and above all, I miss you, Natsu. You left me. I thought you would stay with me or at least take me to train with you. Why did you have to leave me? Why do I lose everyone who I care about?! I trusted you out of everyone to stay. I trusted you! I had to move, start a new life; even if I hadn't gotten a new job, there's no way I could have stayed. It would simply just be too painful. Everyone is gone, there's not a single soul who stayed. I've tried to keep track of everyone, but it's been hard. I have to figure things out from newspapers and rumors. Yet, I still haven't heard a single thing about you: the famous fire dragonslayer. It's as if you vanished off the face of Earthland. As angry as I am, I can't help but worry about you and others. I know everyone can handle themselves but that doesn't stop me from thinking of everyone. That's it for now, I've got work.

~Your old friend, Lucy.

Dear Natsu,

I don't know if we'll make it out if this one. Then again, I thought that about Tartarus too. I guess we didn't really make it out of that one too great though, did we? Natsu, I'm scared. It's all so serious now, no more fun and games. Where did it all go? I feel like just yesterday I was getting that pink mark on my hand. I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you the things I've been meaning to. I hope you'll understand if I ever do get the chance and if I don't, well, I'll write them here for the off chance you'll find these.

I've always believed in you, you already knew that of course. You make me beyond happy, and I'm so so grateful I ran into you that day. Who knows what would have happened if you hadn't broken me from my trance. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you and Happy. You've made me stronger, happier, and feel alive and for that, I am eternally thankful.

Natsu? I hear noises, I think someone's coming. I have hope in Fairy Tail, and most of all, I have hope in you. I don't care if the E.N.D thing is true. To me, you'll always be Natsu Dragneel, my best friend who's just a little too reckless for his own good.

Over our time together my feelings have shifted and changed and Natsu? I think I finally have them figured out. I love you, Natsu. Not like how you would love a friend, I love you in a romantic way. I know that might seem crazy to you, but it's true. Whoever is coming is breaking the door, I've got to go. No matter what happens, I want you to know, that I love you, Natsu Dragneel.

~Your friend, and the girl who's completely in love with you: Lucy Heartfilia