Epilogue

Natsu jogged through the familiar streets of Magnolia when he heard a familiar voice shout out his name. He took off with a sprint and his sandals pounded on the concrete ground. The boy discovered the home he was looking for and crashed through the window to see Lucy furiously fighting with an unknown enemy. She had been hurt badly and she seemed to be running out of energy. She was slowly moving and panting heavily and to Natsu, it didn't look like she was going to last much longer. As if just the slightest touch would knock her to the ground and that shook Natsu to his very bones.

At the sound of the window breaking, the girl turned her head and a wide smile appeared on her face. Natsu quickly helped her with the enemy, working as hard as he could so Lucy wouldn't be hurt any further. They quickly won due to their power that was not only powerful on it's own, but when mixed together made strong enemies fall like dominos.As Lucy sat down in her chair out of breath, Natsu's eyes landed on her desk, where there was a letter addressed to him.

"I made it, just in time." Natsu spoke, a grin on his face..

Recognition flashed across Lucy's eyes as she scrambled to hide the paper before looking over at him. "You always do." She spoke, a loving smile settling on her face.

She stood as if she intended on leaving but Natsu grabbed onto arm, pulling her back and into his arms.

"N-natsu?!"

He looked down at her and took a deep breath. He spoke, his heart hammering in his chest, "You scared me that time, I wasn't sure I was going to make it."

She was silent for a moment, surprised at Natsu's sudden seriousness. He wasn't a serious person and he definitely wasn't one to tell anyone his feelings and worries. After a little bit she looked up at him, her dark brown eyes staring into his. "I have to tell you something."

"So do I." Natsu spoke, his voice shaky from nerves.

"On three?"

Natsu nodded.

"1..2..3." They counted together.

"I love you." Lucy said, her voice quiet.

"I used your toothbrush."

Lucy broke from the hug and tears welled up in her eyes, "Natsu you idiot! I was telling you something serious and.. and.."

He grinned at her, "Yeah, I'm the idiot that's in love you."

"Ugh you! You... wait what did you say?"

"I love you Lucy!"

She was quiet before she let out her laughter and stepped forward, kissing him. Natsu was surprised but quickly sank into her the softness of her lips in response. When they withdrew they smiled at one another, the truth was out and they couldn't have been happier.

There was fighting in their future and obstacles they would have to overcome; things wouldn't always be easy and everything might not always turn out the way they hoped. However, Natsu and Lucy had each other and no matter what life threw at them, they would be just fine. After all, they had their soulmate by their side. No matter what happened, the two would always have hope in the future, in each other, and of course, in their neverending adventure.