0.1

Chapter 1: Does S/he Care?

Lia's POV

"Dammit Sam, just because that jerk bullies you doesn't mean that you have to skip school." I screamed at my best friend Sam on my phone.

"You won't understand. He doesn't bully you." He said

"Sam, I do understand, you are my best friend. He is a jerk, I know." I told him

"Ugh Lia, you don't." He said and hung up

This was our third argument this week about that jerk Joseph. Jerk, did I just say a jerk? What is happening to me? Just yesterday, I admitted to myself that I was in love with my best friend's mortal enemy and now I am calling him a jerk? He is different when I am around Sam and different when I am not with him. When, I am with him, he is always bullying Sam and calling him names and telling him that he is so pathetic being gay. Yes, my best friend Sam Steward is gay but I don't care, we have been best friends since third grade. But when I am not with Sam or when I am alone, he acts like a kind hearted guy.

The question is despite him being a jerk, to my best friend, why did I started growing feelings for him? Trust me, me Lia Simpson wont fall in love with someone for no reason. I have had opportunities to be partners with Joseph Kingston for many occasions. He is really helpful and does almost all of the work and gives me the credit. He is constantly calling me babe and helping me with my part time work at the library. Thus, Joseph Kingston is a really caring guy and very hot to mention. I just love him for who he is. But I have Sam on the other side. The Sam who had been my best friend since forever.

I walked up to the bathroom and pulled out the shiny silver metal. Once, I pulled it across my wrist and it started burning up because if the friction but now I am used to it. The burning doesn't affect me anymore. I can never take the fact that Sam is mad at me, I can always handle anyone else being mad at me but Sam. After all, he is my best friend, he is the one who has been with me through all my thick and thin. He has been there when my dad died, he has been there when my big brother committed suicide. But so was Joseph, Joseph was there too. I just don't understand, Joseph is so good to me but why does he hate Sam so much? I have a lot of questions which will forever be unanswered.

*At School (to specify, cafeteria)*

"Don't worry Sam. He wont do anything to you today." I assured him. Yes, my best friend finally agreed on coming to school.

"Yeah, whatever Lia." He rolled his eyes. "Speak of the devil, he is here."

"Look what we have here, Sam? That pathetic beast." Said Joseph

"Shut up Joseph." I snapped

"You stay out of this Lia, I want to have a manly talk with Sam here. Oops sorry, I cant because this junk is not even a man." Said Joseph laughing

Sam started crying. Ugh, why doesn't he take his stand?

"Leave him alone." I said sternly pointing my fingers at Joseph's face.

"You stay out of this Lia." He said sternly pulling my had away. With his touch, my stomach began to flutter. Goosebumps began to appear all over my body. I was in love with Joseph Kingston it was for sure.

"Bye bye Girl." He said to Sam and left.

*In Science Class*

"We will be doing a pair work on the circulatory system." Said Mrs Brown. The whole class began to mutter. I let a groan. "Uh uh." She shook her head. "Don't be over excited cause, I will be pairing you." Everyone groaned and mine was the loudest one because: "my favourite pair; Joseph and Lia." Yes, in almost all the pair works, me and Joseph were pairs cause apparently we were the one who did the work the best.