SIX

I fell face-flat on the concrete floor, my knees becoming bloody. I hear let a muffled laugh, while I try to pick myself up. I feel a hand grasp my bicep, guiding me to a steady stand. I see the girl who walked into class with my brother yesterday. Her piercing emerald eyes and amused smile directed to my humble figure.

"You okay, dude?" she said, dusting off my shoulders. Who knew my first encounter with my brother's girlfriend would be like this?

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks." I smiled, grateful for her assistance, but her shirt was soaked with some kind of liquid. I suddenly realised that when I fell my Starbucks spilled onto her. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!"

"It's chill, it's just a shirt." she replied calmly. I was surprised by the fact that she didn't hate me because of it, my brother always seemed to date unfriendly girls with malice intentions. Maybe, finally he learnt from his mistakes.

"Anyway, my name is Lace, I'm assuming your my brother's boyfriend?" I muttered, while picking up my Starbucks and throwing it in the bin.

"Yeah, I am. I remember him saying something about a sister, he talks a lot about you." she smiled. Wow, I was proud my brother found someone who actually smiled.

Soon enough we began talking, and I decided to buy her a Starbucks, since I wrecked her shirt. It would be rude of me not to. We spent time together while I walked back to detention, and I was proud of my brother for dedicating himself to someone who wasn't an utter bitch for once in his life. Because of our in depth conversation, I ended up being late for detention. When I walked in all eyes were on me, and the teacher gave me a devilish stare. He was obviously irritated by my lack of time spent in detention, I gave him a sincere apologetic smile.

"Sit down, will you?" he said, with bitterness coating his voice. I sat next to Cameron, his eyes beholding amusement.

I pulled out my laptop and began to look up funny cat videos, I didn't feel like working even though I had a English essay to write. Sometimes school was utterly draining. After an excruciating half hour, detention finally came to and end. It was honestly the longest half hour I'd ever sat through, boredom was the key concept here. As Cameron and I walked through the gates of hell, and into freedom, he mentioned going to a pizza place. I agreed with an enthusiastic smile, pizza was the love of my life.

We arrived, my nose instantly filled with the fragrance of absolute heaven. I can't fret how much I love pizza. We ordered our pizza's, and chose a table.

"Words going round about you and Grayson, what's up with that?" Cameron muffled, his face stuffed with pizza. I chuckled at the sight in front of me, he was so cute...in a brotherly way of course.

"I would never in a million years date that jerk Grayson, he's a fuckboy for crying out loud! Though, I have decided to teach him a lesson, I'm going to play him. Show him how it feels to have you're heart broken. Lead him on." I said confidently, to be honest I was quite excited to arise this adventure. You could call me just as bad as him, but my intentions were good. At the end of the day, if he learnt his lesson, there would be less hearts broken.

"You go, girl!" Cameron hollered, after swallowing a massive bite of pizza. He must have been really hungry, he definitely had an appetite. "I'm with you, Grayson needs to stop playing with girls. He must be stopped!"

"How can someone be like that though? I will never know."

"I don't know, people are just born like that I suppose."

His statement left me thinking, were people really born like that? There must of been something that made them so cruel in the name of love. Were they spoilt as children, brought up to think they could have anything they wanted, including hearts? Really, nobody knew. Maybe things weren't always as they seemed, but maybe they were.

After conversing for over an hour, we decided to call it a night. I had to study for a test coming up, I dreaded to do it, but I knew I had to. I caught the bus home.

I walked into my new home, that I still wasn't entirely used to, I greeted my mom and brother quickly to then walk up into my room. Since I was the queen of procrastination, I went on my phone before studying. I killed time by going on Instagram, threading through my feed, the same old pictures filling the small phone screen. Suddenly, I received a notification from Nate. What? I checked my DM's to see his message, my eyes bulging out my sockets.

A/N : Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BAD I FEEL! UGH! I promise that I will update more frequently, it's just some shit was happening. A new chapter will be up sooner than you think babes. OMG THO THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR 2.2K READS IM DEAD AAAAAH NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN I WAS AIMING FOR 100! Anyway, love you guys. So much. Btw this is the editor of the story, I wrote this chapter. It's shit I know, don't worry. And short. And a filler. ANYWAY BYYE