Happily Ever After

Erwin's POV

There was a loud and house rattling knock on the door. I crumbled and ignored it, only cuddling further in the peacefully sleeping, but the bang wouldn't stop.

I groaned loudly and pried myself from Levi who let out a whine before snuggling into the sheets.

I chuckled at the sight.

I then walked to the front door in a button up shirt and pants. Once I opened in there stood a young man in a soldier uniform in a salute position.

"What is it." I asked gruffly. The young man slightly gulped and fiddled around with the pouch and taking out a letter, handing it to me before leaving.

I stood there baffled and read the letter.

Dear General Erwin

The war has finally ended and I would like to inform you that we won! I would like to also inform you that your presence in hiding won't be necessary any longer. And I know you told me you were going to retire after the war was over and I would like to say I completely support you.

Sincerely lieutenant

I was shocked.

The war was over.

No more having to worry about Levi getting killed.

No more worrying about my own death either.

It felt my like there was a giant burden lifted off my shoulders.

I heard footsteps behind me and felt Levi looking over my shoulder to the leader with Mr frozen in place.

"What's this?" I heard him ask.

He scanned through it and his face lightened in joy.

"Oh Erwin!!! The war is over!!!" He laughed and launched at me wrapping his arms my neck. I chuckled lovingly and returned his hug.

"What do you think about staying here for the rest of our lives forever?" I asked.

Levi stared at me for a second before letting a smile form on his face.

"Of course I'd love that."