Chapter 3

Just thought that you would like to look at Chance.

***

I hear the loud doorbell ring as I rush downstairs. "I'll get it!" I yell out.

" I don't care" My mom yells "Someone just get the damn door."

She's fucked up right now.

I brush my hair back before I open the door.

"Hey, Gwen!" Sandra exclaims as she embraces me in a big hug. She lets go and gives me a look. "I got news." 

"What?" I ask her as we walk to the elevator that will take us to the third floor, where my room is. 

I start to get excited. The last time Sandra had 'news' it was because I was accepted as cheer captain. 

"Well, um she hesitates." I heard from Ethan, that heard from Blair, that heard from Roz, that on Monday, were getting a new student at school."

"What the hell?" I ask her. "We haven't had a new person since Reyna, and look how great that turned out."

I make sure the sarcasm is thick in my voice.  

"I know," Sandra starts "but maybe this will be different." She sits down on my bed and clutches one of my many pillows as I grab my laptop. 

"I hope so," I say as I sit beside her and open my MacBook Pro "Do you know if it's a guy or a girl?"

"We'll find out on Monday, I guess," Sandra tells me. 

The rest of the weekend passed by uneventful. Just Sandra, Chance, my phone, and the rest of the gang. 

"Sandra!" I yell as I throw a pillow at the couch where she is sleeping. 

"What?" she asks totally pissed off as she tries to throw the pillow back at me. 

"Duh, It's Monday. New person, remember?" I try to remind her. 

She groans as I peel the blanket off her body. 

"Why do you even care?" She asks as she tries to block the sun from her face "People adore you, you don't have to worry about a new person."

"Oh I know," I tell her. "I'm just curious. What are you gonna wear?" I ask her as I grab my parental advisory shirt, my dark wash jeans, and my black pumps with the thick straps. 

"I don't know." She says with a sigh, "It's casual day so can I borrow something?" She asks.

"Yeah sure," I tell her as I toss her my master remote that opens my closet along with all its compartments. 

"Thanks," She says as she comes out with some black leggings and a gray and black striped shirt.

"Don't you need any shoes?" I ask her confused. 

"No, I've got some shoes." She says as she takes out her white laced vans. 

We get dressed and head to the elevator.