Chapter 9

~Wednesday Morning~
[Lucy's Pov]
Yes! Tonights the Firework festival! I'm so excited I can run around the school if I want to. We obviously had to go to school though, but it was mostly for planning stuff.
After getting ready, I arrived in my classroom. I sat next to Natsu, where were both assigned to sit next to. We obviously talked and joked around before class began. For some reason, my heart beats when I'm around him. I always tell myself he's just a friend....but I couldn't get enough of him, I can't stop looking at him and thinking about him...am I really....in love with him...?

[Natsu's Pov]
After class ended, I waited for Lissana in front of her classroom. For some reason I don't really feel excited in her presence. My heart skips a beat when I see Lucy though. Nah, no way. Lissana is the girl I have. Lucy and I are just friends.
Lissana walked up to me and told me straight up. "Natsu, we should break up...." Lissana said in a serious tone.

"What?! Why?! Did I do something wrong?!" I yelled in shock. Why would Lissana break up with me?!

"You're not being truthful to yourself. You keep denying it. That's why I'm breaking up with you...." Lissana said as she began to walk away.

I didn't respond. I stared into space while I was outside of school, sitting on the bench. What does she meant by not being truthful to myself? What feeling? I don't get it.....

As I continue to space out, a hand covered both my eyes from behind. "Guess who this is..." I know who that voice was. "Lushy~" I responded jokingly. Lucy let go of her hand and smiled. "Why spacing out so long?" She asked as she sat down next to me.

"Well....Lissana broke up with me... " I said with a sorrowful face.

"Why would she do that?" Lucy said with a worriedly face.

"I don't knew...she said something about not being truthful to myself." I responded.

"I'm sure you'll find out what it is...Since you're acting so gloomy, how bout we get some snacks?" Lucy said, trying to be bright as she always is.

"Alright." I said getting up. "I'll pay" she said. "You sure about that? I think it's more proper for me to buy you one."

"Yea right, I can pay." Lucy said with a laugh. I laughed along with her. I really enjoyed her company.

[Lucy's Pov]
Natsu and I got some snacks from the store after school. We talked for a long time, talking about our old childhood again. After that, we hung out at my place and play checkers, but Natsu got pissed cause he literally lost 20 times in a row. That's Natsu for ya.
As we spent more time together, my feelings towards him have increase. I'm actually in love with him.
While we were doing a staring contest, that's what we did when we were young, Natsu pound on me and began to tickle me.
"Ahahaha! Natsu...Stop Hahaha!" I said laughing. "Haha never! " Natsu said with a laugh.
When he stopped, we looked at each other in the eye. He was on top of me, my heat skipped a beat. We've never been this close before.....My face flushed red as I pushed him out. "Oi your to close!"
"S...Sorry!" Natsu said laughing nervously. Wait is his face red? Can't be. He's still sad about Lissana. There's no way he'll have feelings for me anyway......but I still love him.