7| Trippin' and Flippin'

S E V E N
Lawfully Dysfunctional

I escaped before Mr. Vanderbilt could come back from the washroom, not because I was scared but because, well, I didn't really have a reason. Though I was sure that I never wanted to encounter him again, but judging by my luck I was sure that dreaded day would arrive sooner than I expected.

Delilah looked a little flustered. I had literally dragged her out into the cold without a car waiting for us, or a coat. I gave her my brightest smiles in hopes of pacifying her, even by a microscopic amount.

'We are going back in Freya.'

'No.' I refused.

'Yes! It's cold and Marc might be finding us.'

'Or banging the chick I saw him talking to, though that would be a task since she didn't seem easy.' I shrugged.

'Your way of talking is as crude as a boy.' Her eyes widened considerably and I scoffed.

'Not like you're all that innocent Del, at least one of those sappy romance books you've read definitely had a sex scene.' I argued not offended in the slightest.

'Reading and experiencing are two completely different things! I can't lose the plot of the story just because I'm too shy to read such stuff.'

'You enjoy it.' I teased her.

'I do not!'

'Uh huh, keep saying that to yourself.' Her cheeks turned red as she hit my arm with her bag.

'Delilah!' I complained.

'Freya.' She mimicked my tone.

'You're such a mean friend.' I whined.

'You'll live, now come in.' I was about to refuse again but I saw Mr. Vanderbilt step out of the bar with Marc.

'Hide!' I whispered and simultaneously Deli loudly called out to the two men busy in conversation. I noticed that the liquid fallen on Mr. Vanderbilt's pants barely made a difference.

'Your pants are dry!' Del exclaimed and I noticed his eyes flicker to my quietly standing form.

'I had to use the hand dryer in the washroom to dry it up, it was weird when people were walking in and seeing my body awkwardly positioned.' He said. 'The only thing in which I found solace was that half of them were highly intoxicated.'

I laughed loudly at his expense, his face flushed a little but he ignored my crazy cackle. I think he was creeped out by me, but I couldn't be sure.

'We are heading home, since dad will slaughter me if I don't have his princess on bed in time, lets meet again if you're still around?' Delilah sent an icy glare towards Marc as he asked Mr. Vanderbilt, who nodded his head.

'How about the weekend?' Mr. Vanderbilt offered. 'I have a lake house which we can drive down to, but it's a long ride.' Marc thought about it for a moment and then grinned.

'Freya and Delilah can crash our party of two too!' He sent me a sideways glance. 'After all, what's the fun without the girls.'

'I'm your sister!' Delilah shivered.

'You took it the wrong way, and I can always enjoy with Ray.' He sent me a suggestive wink.