prologue

Unitalicized font: Narration by Laurence

______________________________________________

It was a little after 3:00pm when the door to my door room was slammed open. I looked to see Garroth was trying to balance about sixty books while still trying to text. I laughed a little looking up from my laptop. Closing it I placed it to my side "you need help physically and mentally" I laughed waking up to help him.

He sighed thanking me "first, I have a major test to study for, second my dear friend I have decided to do something" he explained to me.

"Hmm what now?" I tried to hold back my grin. He always looked especially cute when he would decided to do something, that would eventually become a fail.

"A dating site" he proclaimed.

"It's been literally less than a week since you and katelyn broke up bro" I told him.

I know I was supposed to feel sorry for him and be sympathetic but I couldn't hide the feeling of joy I felt. For as long as I knew I had always been in love with him. But he never looked at me that way, he was as straight as a ruler.

"Yeah i know but — i'm bored and Travis—" he began

"Travis! you're getting dating advice from Travis!" I yelled.

"Yeah, the man has his share and he can wrap any girl on campus into sleeping with him. I don't have to confirm anything with you Laurence okay!" he said walking to his bed and crashing on it.

"Okay" I simply muttered.

"Sorry that was way harsh" he apologized.

The next thing I knew he was in computer. He began typing away on a sight called findyourmatch.com it was incredible how cheesy it was. "Find your match right here right now" so idiotic, everybody knows those are just for hookups.

"it's okay" I sighed "you're right"

"Past is past, you can be as intrusive as you want in my life" he laughed "so what should be my username?" he asked.

"Um otakubaby" I laughed.

He grinned, "yes!" he posed for a selfie and pressed done. I watched at how real he was, probably the only real one. He pressed enter before waking up and sighing "done i'm going out with Dante i'm his wingman. so  later Zvahly" he said. I waved goodbye feeling the urge to give him a hug.

"Dude you're staring again" someone said,

I quickly whipped my head finding Zane wiggling his eyebrows. He leaned against the door frame, with a guns n roses muscle tee. I groaned and collapsed on on my bed.

This brings me to a new introduction.

Zane is Garroth's younger brother, he was the opposite of Garroth having incredibly dark hair and evil eyes. He was a good person though a little misunderstood but he truly a good person. He just behaved like a nineteen year old dictator in training. He was the only one who new about my crush on Garroth the rest of them were completely oblivious to my infatuation with him.

"You should just tell him already" he uncrossed his arms and sat on Garroth's bed. We sat in akward silence for a moment before he suddenly woke up. He looked at me then at my phone, he grinned like a psychopath.

"Uhh no bro" I said "Garroth made a dating profile to meet girls I don't know and all but I don't think i'm a girl"

"Why don't you make one too" Zane said turning on the TV

"Last time I checked I'm not into girls" I said chuckling.

"No stupid!" he yelled

He grabbed my phone and began typing, I jumped on him to retrieve my phone "what are you doing!" I asked him.

He smiled like a maniac "making you a dating profile so you can talk to your lover boy and have an internet english love affair" he said.

I groaned "stop!" I yelled, he didn't before I knew it he was done.

He handed me back my phone and smiled before patting my back "you're welcome, I will be telling this story at you're wedding and to my future niece and nephew now I gotta go, I met this really cute girl named Kawaii and you know"

For a college freshman Zane was already fitting in, no he wasn't like any of us. He lived for parties and meeting girls and pretending he was something that he was not.

I looked at my account and it looked genuine. He had even searched up a belieable picture of a cute girl, with dark brown hair and baby blue eyes. It made the who,e thing more believable. I didn't know, what I was doing but I was obviously playing a dangerous game. But something lured me to texting Garroth.

I cautiously searched Garroth's username, I clicked the private message icon which had shown up on his profile. He had written a very intresting profile description of him being him.

Laurence : Hey otakubaby lol :)

I ran my fingers through my hair conflicted if I wanted him to reply or not.

The three little dots began moving meaning he was typing.

Oh shit.

Garroth : Laughing at my username have you seen yours kawaiifood