Whispers in the Night

I woke up to the loud noises of scratching at the door, "Open the door... Open the fucking door..." whoever it was whispered. Oh my god it's probably Tina messing with me, I thought to myself. I quickly scrambled out of my bed and walked to the door. It slowly creaked open as I stood infront of the old redwood door. Nobody stood there, chills ran up my spine as I was prepared to scream as loud as possible when somthing intrupted me, "Hey Jenny!" I jumped back slightly and squinted my eyes as I saw this plump Bengal kitty down next to my feet. "WHAT THE HELL WHISPERS?!! YOU'RE DEAD!!" I screamed as I quickly noticed it was my cat I had as a teen. "Oh calm down, don't you know cats have nine lives? I only spent a couple with you as a kid and now I'm back to bother you again." he spoke softly as he jumped on my desk. Something told me to sit down next to him in the chair by the desk so I did, I mean after all he was quite the inviting cat, "Oh that makes sense. But wait! You're talking!" I blurted out. Whispers licked his paw, closed his eyes and groomed himself more, "I sure am, I always could. But after your daddy passed I started talking a lot more. He would always yell at me to be quiet, so I couldn't talk all that often." I looked down at him grief filling my eyes, "Did he know you could talk? Am I dreaming?" After asking my question I felt a sharp pain hit my hand, Whispers had clawed me good, "Nope not dreamin, but yeppers he knew, that's why he told me to shut up all the time." I giggled and kissed his head, "I'm so happy to see you Whispers! And now you're talking... People are going to think I'm crazy if I tell them about you." Whispers laughed at my remark, "HA! Then don't tell anyone just say you got a new kitty!" he rubbed against me and purred, "Now get some rest, I seem to have freaked ya out quite a bit." I got up and got in bed quietly, as Whispers jumped down and followed me until he found himself curled up next to me. I lay my arm on him and slowly started to fall asleep, "Are you really real Whispers?" He lifted his head and looked into my eyes with this hateful glare and hissed, "Yes I'm real! Now go to bed ki- I mean young lady." he corrected himself and let out a purr of amusement.

My eyes darted across the room as I jumped out of bed, "Whispers??" I didn't see him. My heart sank, "So...it wasn't real." I put on a sweater, some skinny jeans, my Harley Davidson boots, and put on my make up as fast as possible. I grabbed my bag and ran out my bedroom door downstairs. My eyes widened as I turned the corner of the hallway downstairs when I saw Whispers sitting on the counter. He gave a small nod to me as Kristy came up behind him, "Shoo! Get off the counter!" I ran to his assistance and stood protectively in front of him, "Hey don't go swating at em like that!" Kristy stared at me with this cold blank expression, "So he's yours?"
"Yes." I said sternly without hesitation.
"Oh well he's been bugging us all morning!" she giggled as Isaiah came up behind her and gave her a kiss on the cheek from behind, "I'm off to work babe, love you. Later sis, bye Tina." he called to us as he walked out the door to his truck. I waved my hand goodbye, "Later bro!" Kristy smiled and lay her hand on her belly, "Bye baby, have a good day at work." I looked at her and smiled, "Does he know yet?"
"Nope." she said amusingly. "I'm just gonna let him figure out that he's going to be a dad." Tina sat at the table eating breakfast, "Alrighty then." I smiled happy to see paint splatered across Tina's shirt, "Damnnnn Tina back at again?" me and Kristy almost said in unison. "Sure am I got a good project going on in my room. Im making a mural for the baby's room. It's got horses and all other things that our family enjoys." Kristy bursted into laughter, "Well I bet theres going to be some strange paintings on that wall then!" Tina nodded, "Damn straight." I smiled brightly as I saw those two beautiful ladies that I thought of as sisters getting along so well. My thoughts suddenly turned to Whispers, who was looking up at me from the counter top, "Surprise." he whispered loud enough for only me to hear.