Painting the Past

When I woke this morning things were jumbled in my mind. Everyone was asleep except for Whispers.

"Hey."

He stood in front of me, not responding. What's wrong with him? Is he okay? Oh no! Can he not talk anymore? "HELLO MUTHA FUCKA!" I jumped back at his loud response. "Jeez Whispers! What's up with the family, why are they all asleep?" Whispers flicked his tail and purred, "Its only six o'clock." I smiled and got out of bed and looked down at him,"Oh that makes sense, want some breakfast?" Whispers have a brief nod before bouncing out the door and down stairs. I ran down after him, but not as gracefully. "Wait!" I whispered loudly, as I walked into the kitchen I saw this beautiful painting of Whispers on the dining room table. The note wrote on rhe back of it immediately grabbed my attention.

Dear Jenny,
I want you to know that I've been going deep into thought about Whispers and you. So, I decided to paint this picture of him. That way you'll have it to keep in your room for a long time. I'm going to be gone for a couple weeks until I get back Europe on my trip to study the European art styles. I love you and I'll see you soon.

I smiled and stuffed the note in my pocket,"Wow! It's so pretty! It looks like you as a kitten, remember when you looked like a tabby?" Whispers flicked his gaze over to me, "I sure do,how could I forget?" He let out a purred of amusement. I giggled, but wait. TINA'S IN EUROPE!