;27

"Clary, Alec and I live together." Casey exclaimed, a grin on his face as he walked through the park with his sister.

"Casey this Alec is not the same as the one in our dimension." Clary sighed and Casey glared at the redhead in response.

"Just humour me okay? Why did we have to rush off so early anyway? Mum and dad -"

"Valentine." Clary growled, interrupting her brother as be came to a standstill. Casey stopped walking and arched an eyebrow at his little sister, his forehead crinkling in confusion.

"It's not February." Casey snorted and Clary shook his head, agitated.

"He's not our dad, he's Valentine. The evil monster that has kidnapped our mother." Clary snapped and Casey's jaw clenched.

"You don't even know him." Casey retorted sharply. He continued walking, this time at a faster pace, his sister scampering behind him as they neared Java Jones.

"Well aren't I lucky." Clary snorted sarcastically, and Casey only huffed.

"Valentine may have not been a proper father to you Clary, but he was to me. He loved Jonathan and I -" Casey began, his voice this time softer, but Clary was still bubbling with anger at the love that her brother still felt for that monster.

"Jonathan is dead." Clary shouted, causing a few people to turn and look at the siblings. Casey stopped abruptly, his back to his sister, and Clary regretted her words. She knew how much Jonathan meant to Casey, and honestly she wondered if he loved his twin brother more than her.

Slowly, Casey turned round, his jaw clenched and tears stinging his eyes. "Don't you ever talk about him again you bitch." Casey seethed, and Clary gulped upon seeing the stone cold fury in her brothers eyes.

"He was my brother too." Clary said softly, and Casey laughed bitterly.

"No he wasn't. You don't even know what he looked like, or how his voice sounded, or how his laughter echoed. You don't know how he never let anyone but me call him Johnny, or how he would purposely let me win every game of hide and go seek. You know nothing Clary, so please stop pretending like you do. Jonathan may be dead, but I swear to god if he was alive I would do anything to be with him. Because I wouldn't lose him a second time." Casey spat the words with such a venomous tone, that Clary wondered if this really was her brother. But she held no grudge towards the raven haired boy. She knew that she had over stepped the mark, and so she dropped her head and mumbled 'sorry'.

Casey nodded, and wiped away the stray years before nearing the table where a very different version of Isabelle and Alec sat. Clary rushed to speak to Simon, who in this universe was still the cutest nerd living. Isabelle wore no skin tight dress or heels, but rather sat in a Star Wars top, black rimmed glasses and had fish tailed her hair across one shoulder,

Alec wore a deep purple shirt, his hair slicked by in a way that Casey had never seen before, but one that he liked very much. He allowed himself to stare at him until his eyes met his. And when they did, his eyes lit up in such a way that Casey knew there was no one else, there was no Lydia or no Clave. It was only them, and in this universe they were free to love one another.

Casey pink lips pulled upwards into a smile as Alec stood from the table and rushed to meet him. He kissed the raven haired boy lightly- in front if everyone - and embraced him tightly, allowing Casey to inhale that musky scent that in this universe he still had.

"Hey love." He smiled and Casey grinned like the Cheshire Cat.

"Hey yourself." He replied as they sat down at the table beside Isabelle and Simon. Alec took Casey's hand in his, and Casey's grin grew even more if that was possible. Out of the corner of his eye, Casey saw Clary with Jace and he snorted as he realised that he worked at the coffee shop. Jace Wayland had gone from being a leather wearing demon slayer, to being an apron wearing barista. It was rather comical.

"Is that new?" Isabelle questioned, eyeing the bracelet situated on the wrist of the hand that Alec held. Casey looked down, confused momentarily before nodding, still rather dazed by the whole thing.

"Yeah, I got it a couple of days ago." Casey lied, giving Isabelle a smile.

"Does it go with your suit? 'Cause you and Clary are getting ready at my place tonight." Isabelle said, as more of a reminder despite it being the first time that Casey had heard it.

"Oh right yeah, dad's party." Casey laughed, the name rolling off his tongue with ease.

"Casey, what is it with your dad and the mad hatter?" Alec questioned. Casey went to respond when Isabelle responded uneasily quickly.

"Visionaries are quirky crazy." She announced and Casey snorted loudly, causing Alec to smiled softly and squeeze Casey's hand. "You don't go forward in the Internet tech thinking inside the box."

"Jesus Izzy, anyone would think you have a crush on my dad." Casey laughed jokingly, but stopped when he saw Izzy blush ever so slightly. "Holy shit, do you have a crush on my dad?"

"Like he would ever - wait what no, I'm not crushing on your dad." Isabelle laughed, rolling her eyes and throwing her hands into the air. She averted her eyes, and put her headphones in, causing Alec and Casey to laugh louder.

"So I was thinking, you and I should go out after the party." Alec began and Casey grinned, amazed by the fact that in this universe, he was all his and Lydia wasn't a problem.

"Sounds amazing." Casey agreed.

"Do you think you can get tomorrow off work?" He questioned and Casey felt slightly panicked, having no idea what it was that she did.

"Work?" Casey echoed.

"Yes, work. You know that place where you teach bratty teenagers, half of whom have a crush on you." Alec elaborated, rolling his eyes.

"I'm a teacher?" Casey exclaimed. Honestly, he had just assumed that he would still be a police officer, but apparently not.

"Casey, I've known you since I was five years old, and I have never known you to be this ditsy." Alec laughed and Casey's eyes widened.

"Five years old?"

"Casey, are you sure you're feeling okay?" Alec asked, concerned.

"Fine I just -"

"Casey." Clary said breathlessly, grabbing her brothers arm. "We need to go. Now."

"Clary, why?"

"The portal Casey." Clary said sharply, not wanting to have to spend any more time jogging her brothers memory.

"The portal." Casey breathed, remembering. He turned to Alec, who was watching him with mild confusion. "I have to go, I'll see you at the party." He kissed him, savouring the feeling of his lips against his, knowing that when they went home he would be with Lydia once again.

- - -

A/N

Guess who updated after millions of years?? Yep, meeee.
I hope you liked, and also I have a new story out so please check it out. It's a Jackson Kenner one (from the originals)