Chapter I

January 15th, 1693.

   "Miss Theodosia Burr!" A voice called, causing Theo to turn. A man about her age pushed through the sea of people and up to the unsuspecting woman.
   "Pardon me sir, but do I know you?" She asked hesitantly, studying his face. The man was tan- far too tan to be from around here. Constellations of freckles dotted his face which was partially hidden by a mess of curls. Despite how rural he looked, something that reminded Theodosia of home shone in his hazel eyes.
   She hated it.
   The man's face fell, obviously disappointed. "It's Philip. Philip Hamilton." Upon hearing his name, Theodosia stiffened up "I've come to help hunt- Miss, are you okay?"
   "What?" Theodosia snapped back to reality, looking up from the spot on the ground she had been staring at. "Oh, I'm sorry Sir. My mind must've been wandering."
   "It's quite alright," Mr. Hamilton replied with a light chuckle. "I don't blame you for getting lost in your thoughts, considering the weight of what what has been happening in this town. Witches and all."
    Philip's voice was light and teasing, yet for some odd reason it put Theo on edge.
   "No offence Mr. Hamilton, but I won't busy myself with fairytales. I'm quite suprised that the town us making such a big deal of it; the ramblings of an insane girl prove nothing."
   Philip laughed as if what she had just said was cute and amusing to him. "Miss Theodosia, I believe that there is more than enough evidence to say that there are witches here in your town. In fact, my sister told me to come get you. We think your father is one of them."
   Theo stared at the newcomer then down at her shoes. She swallowed. Her stomach was doing flips as she stammered, "E-excuse me?" Looking back up at Philip she noticed that his expression was that of someone who pitied whomever they were looking at.
"We need your help to truly determine if he is," Philip said in a soft voice, although Theo wasn't listening.
   All that could reach her mind were thoughts of killing Philip Hamilton.

                               *
"What were you thinking?" Frances growled, getting a bowl of oils ready. "Talking to Philip Hamilton- you're going to get us killed!"
    "Calm down Frances, you're giving the oils the wrong energy," Theo purred, working to bless the room. "You should know this. We wouldn't want to miss bloodmoon."
    Even though Frances was her senior by a year, she wasn't nearly as experienced as theodosia- and both of them knew it. Despite this, Frances was far more beautiful than Theo. She specialized in lust magic and was nearly better at it then the other woman. Frances looked like a dove, her wide chocolate eyes always made her seem so childlike and innocent. Her hair was short and pitch black, and much like the hamilton boy, she had a heart shaped face covered with freckles.
    Frances huffed, standing in front of a tall mirror and adjusting a pearl necklace clasped around her throat. Theodosia walked up behind her, running her hands over the other woman's shoulders and chest, gently tracing circles with her fingers around the spots with the most energy.
    "Calm down Frances," She whispered in her ear, watching Frances' reflection cautiously. "Loosen up."
    Frances breathed deeply and Theo could feel her energy lighten.
    "Good." Theo pulled away from the other woman and began to undress. "Now hurry, we must begin soon."
    Once undressed, Theo laid herself out on the bed. Her family was rich; the bed could fit three people. The covers resembled clouds, draping off the side of the bed and lightly brushing the floor. Her room was filled with blood reds and blacks but the sheets were a light purple. She only needed to lay there for a few seconds before Frances walked over with a bowl of what seemed to be steaming oil. The other woman kneeled next to the bed whispering, "Stay still." Theodosia took a deep breath, doing as she was told.
    She had done this for the past few years, yet it always made her nervous. These nights were painful and not only that, but if they were caught, both the teens would be put to death.
    But oh god, it was so fun.
    Frances dipped her finger in the oil, whispering something in a foreign tongue. She gently traced her finger in a line down Theodosia's face. Over her forehead, nose, and then down to her chin. Frances then paid attention to spreading the oil over Theo's lips, not missing a single spot. Frances' touch was light, but she did the spell without a weak mind.
    After dipping her fingers in once more, she continued the line down Theo's body. The second the oil touched her legs, Theodosia let out a
  blood                    curdling
                 scream
the darkness
                will
     prevail
                                  satan
                the circle
  is
                        formed.