Please Don't...

I hear my name being yelled..oh shit. My mum. She saw him. Saw me. She won't understand. "Get out of my house right now" she yelled at him. "No. Mum. Please don't!" I argued back. "Mrs. Papotto, I am truly sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep last night. You see," my mum interrupted. "I see exactly what happened." "You have to believe me. I would never do such a thing. I promise. You left and he was here alone all night. He needed someone. The storms scared him." She wasn't going to buy one second of it..."listen. I know it was irresponsible of me to leave you but, you can't invite boys over. What if you had done something you would regret?" I was pissed. My mum just implied I had had sex while she had left me...I feel like an ass. "I'm sorry, mum." "As am I, I shouldn't have fallen asleep. It's my fault." My mum got a look on her face. "Did you just say it was your fault?" "Yes ma'am." He replied. She looked shocked. "I should be thanking you...but I feel wrong too. It was my fault." "I saved him, you know." "I know" she replied. We sat there for a moment. Complete silence. "Well, you want breakfast?" He laughed. "Sure. Can you call my dad and make sure she knows I'm here?" "Why of course!" He leaned over and planted a kiss on my lips...his lips.  Were perfect. My mum was surprisingly  okay with that. I love my mum. "Mum. Can he spend the night?" "Maybe.. It's up to his mom." "Thank you" he whispered. "For what?" Mum said. "For saying maybe. I don't want to go home. I can't deal with my dad..." "Trust me, if your dad does what my ex husband did, you'll be here every night." A tear rolled down his cheek and I walked over to him. He unzipped his sweatshirt, showing his perfect tan abs..he took the sweatshirt and wrapped the two of us on it. I looked up at him. The look in his eyes made me realize I didn't need anyone but him. His eyes assured me. "I love you." I said. He started crying. "I love you too." I didn't know why he was crying. But then I realized he has never been told that. At least by someone who meant it.