Happy birthday (chapter 7)

(Hak's POV)

I can't believe it! Its ______'s birthday today! Just last night I confessed to her, and that's just part of her present from me. I woke up early enough so I can start preparing for her birthday before she woke up. As I was collecting firewood, I couldn't help but think about how much of an amazing person she is. She's strong, brave, kind, caring, beautiful, and overall just enchanting. I continued to build up a fire to prepare a meal for her as a thought just from the back of my mind ran back to me, what would she want to eat? Well, I know she loves meat, so maybe I could go hunting. Now that I think about it, I'm gonna need help. Normally I would never ask for help, but Yoon is an amazing cook, and I need his help making food for _____. I walk over to the tent to find Yoon and the princess out like a light. I walk over to Yoon and gently shake his shoulder.

"Yoon. Wake up."

He groaned in annoyance and pulled the covers over his head. I pull them off and this time shook him roughly.

"Wake up!" I whispered

He sat up and looked at me in annoyance.

"What do you want!?" He spat harshly.

"Today is _____'s birthday, and I ne-

"It's _____'s birthday today!?

"Yes, the princess told me last night when we were near the lake. Anyway, I need your help preparing a meal for her, since you're pretty much the best cook here." I explained. He nodded his head and started to get up. We went outside the tent and he started cutting up some vegetables. (A/n: Hehe..eat your Vegeta-bles kids) I went into the forest to find an animal to kill. I look up to see a flock of birds pass by. I grab my bow and shoot the arrow. It plunged right into the bird's heart as the creature fell to the earth. I run over to where the bird fell, picked it up, and headed back to camp. As I'm walking I hear a noise from the bushes. I turn around to see a wild hog coming out of it. I slowly walk towards it, inching closer and closer by the second. I get my bow ready and set an arrow across it. I pull the string back and aim for the animal. I wait a few seconds, and.....got it. I pick it up and bring it back along with the bird. I got back to camp and tossed the animals over to Yoon, startling him.

"Geez, tell me when your gonna do something like that." he complained.

"Why would I? You wouldn't get scared if I did that." I teased. He gave me a scowl then returned to cutting up vegetables. I got started on butchering the animals for Yoon.

"What's going on?" I hear princess ask. I turn around to see her walking out of the tent.

"We're preparing a meal for _____, today is her birthday remember?" As soon as i remind her, she starts walking around asking what she could do to help. I chuckle and point to my left where a field of flowers are.

"If you could, gather up a bouquet of flowers." I ask. She happily nods and skips towards the field of flowers. I finish cutting up the meat and toss it in a pot next to Yoon.

"There, if you could, get started on the meat, I have a feeling _____ night wake up soon." Almost as if on cue, I heard something come from where _____'s sleeping. My heart stopped as I turned around. She made a few grunts here and there, then turned on her side. My heart began to pump again and a wave of relief ran through me. I was really worried there for a minute. I turn back around to see Yoon already mixing up vegetables (A/n: EAT UR VEGETA-BLES!!!...sry) with a bit of meat from the pig. I begin to grow impatient as he moves on to the pieces of bird meat. As he's cooking the bird meat for the rest of the group, I hear footsteps in the grass coming towards us.  I turn to my left to see Princess coming back with an assortment of different flowers in her hand.