Change: The Only Constant

Zendaya Coleman as Aaliyah Dale

Shemar Moore as Micheal Dale (Aaliyah's Father)

Max Thieriot as Jonah "Joe" Michals

Lily Collins as Elizabeth "Lisa" Trois

~~Prologue~~

    I'm Aaliyah. I am 18 and I have long brown hair and deep brown eyes. I am pretty tall and love to wear heals. I am mixed: black,  white, and Jamaican. I have a soft complexion and a nice body. I am average, but I don't worry about that. I have boat loads of confidence! Maybe a little bit too much. I guess maybe I should tell you a bit about myself, here goes.

     My father is in the military. The Marines Reserves to be specific. I must admit, travelling is so fun, but it gets lonely. Just as I believe I am comfortable, in an actual home, my father always asks, "Are you ready for a new adventure?", but I never allow him to see how much it hurts.

     Growing up, it was always him and me. You see, my mother died when I was 3, and I only have vague memories of her. One of my favorites, though, was my first day of day care. I got home and she was smiling brightly and she asked me how much fun I had; I can't truly remember the conversation, but I remember our laughter, her laughter. She died in a house fire. She was asleep in my parents' room. My dad and I had been gone all day to give her some rest from our travelling. We got a call from the hospital explaining that there had been a fire and that we should come right away. I saw the panick in my father's eyes, but since I was so young, I didn't completely understand what was going on. I remember arriving there and seeing the devastation in his eyes as he recieved news that my mother had died just moments before we got there. Since then, he was determined to make my life a living heaven. 

     Right now we live in Savannah, Georgia. I love it here! It is always sunny and warm and the mood is always happy! We have been here for a few months, but, honestly, I hate that I am so elated to be here. I hate when I get too happy just for my world to crumble when we leave. I have never told my father that i hate moving so much because he loves it, and he thinks I feel the same. Every time I try to tell him, though, he gets a call or he is in a rush to get to a meeting or something else job-related. So, I never get the chance.

     I do attend school. Right now I am enrolled at Miller High School. **A/N: Don't know if that is a real high school.** I am a Senior and know exactly what I want to do with my life after high school. I plan to attend London College of Fashion -- I know, I know, your are wondering why I am going to a school in London when I clearly am from the U.S., but I have always wanted to study abroad. Especially in Europe. I don't know why exactly, but that was always my dream! I love fashion! I love clothes and how creative you can be with your style! I desire to become a designer. Maybe even a celbrity stylist, but right now I can settle for just a designer.

     Anyways, I graduate in 3 months, and my dad said that he would be stationed here long enough for me to graduate. I was so happy about that because I finally would be in the same place for a whole school year! That meant that I could actually enjoy the rest of this school year. You see, I was so nervous that I wouldn't be like the other seniors and be able to enjoy the perks of being one, like going to prom, going on the senior trip, crying at graduation with my friends, etc.

     Oh! Speaking of friends, I have two: Jonah (Joe) and Elizabeth (Lisa). They were the first ones to greet me on the first day of school. At first, I was very reluctant to get to know them for fear of losing them, but as soon as my father told me we would be here the entire school year, I opened my heart and let them in. Turns out, they are now my best friends. They are also seniors and know everything about me. Lisa plans on coming to LCF with me, and Jonah will remain in America to persue his acting career, but he promises to talk to me every day until we are old and eating oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Ha! I love them both.