Chapter 8 - Breaking the Ice

Hiya there folks! Adi here. I'm gonna try and update more often now. It's a promise. Remember to like, vote and comment! On with the chapter!

Gray's POV

"I think I have an idea on how to get Storm out of the ice," said Levy. 

"I've been doing some research and I have a theory."

She proceeded to explain that the only way to melt an iced shell was to perform the Moon Drip ceremony, and that the energy that came from it was extremely hot. If we could imitate that heat, the ice could melt. Natsu immediately jumped in and yelled,

"I'm all fired up now!"

Erza also stepped in. Then Levy. Then Lucy. Even Gajeel decided to help. Soon pretty much the while guild had offered to help. Juvia immediately burst into tears.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Lucy asked.

"It's just that you're all being so kind to Juvia. Juvia thought she'd never be able to see Storm again..."

"Awwww! Its alright! We're always here for you, no matter what!" replied Lucy.

"Very well! Let's get to work!"

The next hour or so consisted of most of the guild attacking the ice with all their strength. They took it in turns to attempt to melt the ice. Slowly, bit by bit, the ice started to melt. To be completely honest, I felt a bit left out. Ice magic doesn't exactly help, if you know what I mean. Juvia noticed this and walked over to me.

"Is something the matter, Gray-sama?"

"No, it's nothing really..."

"Listen, Juvia knows you feel a bit left out."

"No no no! I'm fine!"

"Gray-sama, don't feel useless! You helped Juvia rescue Storm, and that's enough for Juvia,"

"Yeah, I guess..."

"Juvia wants to make it up to you. So would Gray-sama like to go for dinner with Juvia?"

"Like a date?"

"No! Wait, maybe... Juvia doesn't know!"

"Sure, dinner sounds great!"

She blushed and nodded, then headed back to the ice.

-3 hours later-

"Well done guys!"

"We did it!"

All these cheers and shouts could be heard throughout the guild. The ice that has once held Storm captive for so long had finally melted. Storm was currently in the infirmary with Porlyusica and Juvia. We were all waiting for him to wake up.

Juvia's POV

I was waiting anxiously for Storm to wake up. Porlyusica had predicted that he'd wake up any minute now. Suddenly, I heard a cough. It wasn't Porlyusica, she was out, and nobody was there. I looked at where Storm lay.  

I gasped.

He had opened his eyes and was looking at me. He blinked a couple of times.

"Ma-...ma...?"