Chapter 26 - Lover's Lament

Gray's POV

...her heart has been frozen..."

...

What? This...this can't be.

"H-her heart's b-b-been...frozen?" I asked. Wendy slowly nodded, her eyes brimming with tears. I went over to the sky dragon slayer and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Listen...you did your best. Don't cry about it." I comforted. She wiped away her tears. A new look replaced her face. It was full of determination and courage. She spoke, her voice firm and clear, "Juvia's heart has been froze due to a very powerful spell, known as the Lover's Lament. Only certain wizards can cast it. The affect of the spell depends on the element of the user's magic. So Juvia must have been attacked by an ice wizard."

My knees felt unsteady. Ice wizard, huh? She was put in this state because of my own element. Storm, however, was giggling as he lay in my arms, almost as if he knew something. Wendy chuckled a bit too, then suddenly her face fell.

"There is only one cure..." she started.

"What is it? Tell me!" I yelled, startling Storm. Wendy paused, as of she was hesitant to tell me.

"Well...she must be alone with the one she loves for one whole month..." she said. What?

"Nobody can see her apart from that person and one other. However, her lover must stay by her side for the whole of that month, otherwise..." she trailed off.

"Otherwise what?" I asked.

"Otherwise...she dies."

I must do this. I have to if I ever want to see her again. Besides...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I don't have much time left.