Chapter 2 - 2 Years Later

2 years later

I woke, with someone breathing in my face. I opened my eyes, and Sky was sitting on top of me. She signaled with her hands. “No. It was the right thing to do.” I said, crossing my arms. I sighed and signaled again. “What do you mean?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowing. Then she started tickling me. “Ok!” I screamed. “ I’m sorry that I fed your chicken liver spread to a stray dog!” I shouted. She smiled and got off me. I sighed and sat up, my head hitting the ceiling.

“Aish.” I muttered, rubbing my head. Sky signaled me. “The new SHINee Album is out today.” I nodded, checking the clock. It was 5am. Then what she said actually hit me. “Shoot, the shop is going to be busy. I better get going.” I said, running out the door, while waving goodbye. I ran down the five flights of stairs to the lobby, then out the door. 

I ran the roads, and arrived outside the music store, running in. The manager was stacking the millions of CD’s. “Ah, Rose your here.” He said. “ I was just about to open. Did you see the line?” he asked. I looked around, and saw about a hundred fangirls waiting for the store to open. I jumped over the counter. “Ready?” he asked. “Yep.” I said, bracing myself. He opened the door, and the place flooded. 

About five hours later, the flow seemed to slow. We had sold most of our CD’s. I sighed, stretching and checking my watch. My shift was over. “I’ll see you later.” I called as I ran out the door. As I turned to run home, I bumped into someone. “Oh, sorry.”  I said, smiling as I looked up. I froze. It was smooth voice/‘sir’. “Don’t worry.” he smiled. 

I did the best thing I could of think of. I kneed him in the his private parts. “Leave us alone.” I growled, as he groaned and fell to the ground. I turned to run, but he grabbed my wrist. “Yah! What do you mean?” he groaned. Then I looked closer. It wasn’t the person who occupied my nightmares at all. My eyes widened. “I’m sorry!” I said, helping him up, then bowing countless times. 

“It’s alright.” he said. “But are you in some kind of trouble?” he asked. “Uhh, no!” I cried, blushing. “I need to go.” I said, turning around and running. “Wait!” he called. I turned around, and he snapped a picture of me on his phone. “Yah!” I called. “ What’s your number?” he asked. “I don’t have one.” I retorted. He shrugged and began to walk off. “Yah! Delete the picture!” I called. 

“Nope! It will help me find you again!” he called. “Aish!” I said, before turing around and running off. I took the shortcut down the alley. The alley was deserted, and I ran through quickly. I opened the door and ran into the house. “I’m home!” I called. I walked upstairs, and froze again. Sky was tied up on the bed, a man stood over holding a knife.

I walked up to the man, and punched him in the face. He smelled of spirits. Then I threw him out of the window. I heard him scream as he hit the mattress. I rushed to Sky and untied her. “Time to move?” I asked. She nodded, smiling.

“Pack you stuff.” I said, walking to the bathroom. I chucked all my stuff into my bag and walked through. Sky had packed. “Where will we go?” I asked her. She pulled an poster out of her bag. It read “Wanted: New Nanny for very busy household. Accommodation and food provided for. Teams excepted. Come to the SMTown building and ask for Code Babysitter.” 

“Where did you find that?” I asked, placing my hands on my hips. Sky just smiled. “Well, put on your best clothes.” I said, heading to the bathroom again. I pulled out my only other costume. It was a blue t-shirt that complimented my eyes, and a pair of black tracksuits. I pulled on my runners and red jumper. I tied my blonde hair into a ponytail, that finished at the end of my t-shirt. 

“Ready?” I called, turning to Sky. She nodded. She was wearing a light green t-shirt, and blue skinny jeans. Her light brown hair was tied back, but only partly, and it fell to the middle of her back. “Let’s go.” I said, smiling.

Little did I know, this was one of the worst decisions I had ever made.