Chapter 3 - The Past Back In Full

The bus pulled into the stop, and I glanced back down at the map. “According to this, we need to walk down just there.” I said, pointing at a footpath. Sky jumped off the bus and began walking. “Yah!” I yelled, running to catch up. She started running as well. “YAH!” I almost screamed, sprinting. I pulled on her t-shirt, and she tumbled down, pulling me with her.

“Yah..” I panted. “Don’t.. do.. that.. again.” Sky just grinned, breathing heavily. I got up, pulling her up as well. I looked around. Then I realized in front of us was a mansion, covered with pictures. “I think we’re here.” I panted. Sky nodded, and started skipping up. In front of us was millions of girls about our age, all piled around a group of men. 

Body guards were trying to get them through. I stood on tiptoe, and saw the men all had the same blank expression on their faces. “Let’s go.” Sky signaled, and I followed her through the huge front door. A sour faced woman was at a large desk. We walked over.

She eyed disdainfully. “How did you get in?” she sneered. “Through the door.” I said, pointing at it. “Well, what do you want?” the woman asked. “Uhh, Sky?” I said, turning to her. She pulled out the poster, and laid it on the desk. The woman picked it up. 

“Where did you get this?” the woman asked. I turned to Sky. She started signaling fervently. “It was being handed out at the place she worked.” I translated. “Well, they will be back in a bit, so seat yourself over there.” the woman sneered. We went and sat where she was pointing. 

About half an hour later, I heard the door open. I looked up, and found myself looking smooth - voice and husky. My eyes went wide, as they headed over to the lift. As they looked around, I put my head down, so they couldn’t see my face.

“My this wasn’t such a good idea.” signaled Sky. “We’ll live.” I muttered. The door opened again, and a huge group of men came in this time. I kept my head down this time. They went up to the receptionist. “You paged us?” I heard one of them ask. The voice was very deep and smooth. It gave me the goosebumps, and I rubbed my arms.

“There is someone here for the babysitting job.” The receptionist said. I looked up, and found myself staring into a pair dark brown eyes. I quickly looked down again. Sky started signaling. “One of them looks so surprised, like he’s been tricked into eating dogs chocolate.” 

I burst out laughing. I whispered into her ear. “I think you meant to say dog’s poop, not chocolate.”  Sky blushed. “Oops!” she signaled. I chuckled lightly. I looked up at the group again and had to agree with her in my mind. One of the men had his mouth open, and his eyes looked like they were popping out. 

Another one of the men turned back to the receptionist and started talking in a low voice. I turned to Sky. “He should be careful. He might catch flies.” I whispered. She agreed with her hands, and started giggling. Then the group headed over to the elevator, except for the one who had been speaking to the receptionist. 

He started walking over to us, and I felt tingles running up and down my arms again. “I think I might have been electrocuted.” I whispered to Sky, as he came closer. “Why?” she signaled. “I keep getting tingles up and down me.” I whispered.

The guy stopped in front of us, and looked us up and down. I looked over at Sky, and saw she was messaging something to me. “He was the guy outside.” I looked up at the guy again. He was staring at me. I messaged back to Sky. “The bad hair guy?” Her reply came quickly. “Yes.” 

I gulped. This was not good. “So, you two have come for the babysitting job?” I looked up at the guy who was speaking and nodded. I didn’t quite meet his eyes. “Then follow me.” he said. Shivers erupted again, and shook my head, rubbing my arms again. Sky tugged at my arm, and I got up, following them both into the elevator.