[5] Oh Hey...Batman

Dick's POV

"Time runs short. You must awaken. You must awaken now!" A voice in my head shouted, I jerked up and looked around. Superboy was staring at us creepily.

"What? What do you want!" Kid Flash exclaimed, Superboy glared. "Quit staring. You're creeping me out!" Kid Flash exclaimed, "Uh, KF, how about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?" I said.

"We only sought to help you," Aqualad said. "Yeah. We free you, and you turn on us. How's that for grat-" Kid Flash started. "Kid, please, be quiet now." Aqualad said.

Ugh, Kid Idiot! You're going to get us killed! "I believe our new friend is not in full control of his actions." Aqualad said, I got my lockpick from my glove and started picking the lock.

"Wha-what if-what if I wasn't?" Superboy asked, "He can talk?" Kid Flash asked, Superboy clenched his fists. "Yes, he can." Superboy said, Aqualad and I looked at Kid Flash.

"Not like I said it," Kid Flash said. Aqualad looked at Superboy, "The genomorphs taught you telepathically." Aqualad said, "They taught me much. I can read, write. I know the names of things." Superboy said.

"But have you actually seen them?" I asked, "Have they ever actually let you see the sky or sun?" The whole time Superboy had an angry look, well, that's his regular look.

"Images are implanted in my mind, but no. I have not seen them," Superboy said. "Do you know what you are, who you are?" Aqualad asked.

"I am the Superboy, a genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the Superman, created to replace him should he perish, to destroy him should he turn from the light." Superboy said.

Kid Flash and I looked at each other in shock, but then Aqualad started talking so we turned to Superboy. "To be like Superman is a worthy aspiration, but like Superman, you deserve a life of your own beyond that Solar suit, beyond your pod, beyond Cadmus." Aqualad said.

"I live because of Cadmus! It is my home!" Superboy shouted, "Your home is a test tube." I pointed out, "We can show you the sun." I said.

"Uh, pretty sure it's after midnight, but we can show you the moon." Kid Flash said, "We can show you, introduce you, to Superman." Aqualad said.

Superboy looked at us, his facial features had softened. "No, they can't." Desmond said, walking into the room. "They'll be otherwise occupied. Activate the cloning process." Desmond said.

"Pass. The city already has to deal with me already, but two of me? I'd drive Batman crazy," I said, smirking. "And get the weapon back in its pod!" Desmond shouted, Guardian walked forward towards Superboy.

"Hey. How come he gets to call Supey an it?" Kid Flash asked, Guardian put a hand on Superboy's shoulder. "Help us." Aqualad said, Superboy shrugged Guardian's hand off.

Desmond walked forwards, "Don't start thinking now." He said, the genomorph jumped onto Superboy's shoulder and its horns glowed.

"See, your not a real boy." Desmond said, walking in front of him. "You're a weapon, and you belong to me! Well, to Cadmus. Same thing. Now get back to your pod!" He exclaimed.

Well isn't he rude. Superboy turned and started walking away and down the hall, the door closed behind him and locked. Desmond nodded at the girl scientist and she started typing.

Metal pointy things came out and stabbed into us, the pain was barely bearable. I screamed in pain, so did everyone else. So at least I know I won't be called the weakest if I get out alive.

Blood started pouring into giant glass containers, I couldn't hear over all of Kid Flash and Aqualad screaming. No I'm not indestructible but I've been tortured so I have VERY high pain tolerance.

Suddenly the door was flung off it's hinges, the shocking stopped and I sighed in relief. Superboy walked in, everyone started running at him. "I told you to get back in your-" Desmond started, Superboy flung everyone away. "Don't give me orders," Superboy growled.