Chapter 2: Decisions

Leigh's POV:

There hangs Marcel. Being held up onto the cupboards of a small lab area by one of Derek's friends, drake. Marcel's face was covered in bruises and a little blood and it made me feel sick. He looked over at me with worry clear in his eyes. I respond as quick as I can and try my hardest throw Drake onto the ground. He only stumbles back a bit but enough so Marcel can get away.

"What was that for, Leigh?" He asks, a disgusting smirk on his face. "We were just having a little fun." I walk up to him, and with all of my might, I slap him in the face and knee him in the crotch. I ran with Marcel's hand in mine and take him to the unisex bathroom.

"Thank you." He says, barley loud enough for me to hear.

"Marcel, how long had this been going on?" I ask.

"Since the beginning of the year." I sighed sadly and cupped his face in my hands and stared him straight in the eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask with a little more pain in my voice than intended.

"Because he would just do it more and make it hurt more." He looked down in shame.

"Do you think I would let that happen if I knew?" I asked, tears brimming my eyes.

"I didn't know what to think."

"Marcel, I would have stopped this." I tell him and he nods.

"Exactly. I'm going to go talk with Derek. You stay here. I'll be back." He nods and I go.

I get to his table and whisper in his ear "I think we should talk. In private." And he gets up and follows me to the corner of the lunchroom.

"What is it, babe?" He asks and I look up at him with the saddest look I could muster.

"Have you been beating up Marcel?"

"No."

"Don't lie to me!" I scream, the whole room was looking at us now. "Have you been hitting Marcel?" I ask.

"It's not me! It's the other boys!"

"We're done. Leave me alone. Just go away." I close my eyes in pain and he slowly walks away and screams "whore!" And everyone laughs.

I go back to the bathroom and find Marcel pacing around and letting a few tears fall. I rush over to him and pull him into a tight hug.

"W-what happened with you two?" He asked shakily from the crying and nervousness.

"We're not together anymore and he is probably trying to ruin me as we speak, but I have you. And that's all I need." He looks up at me, his large glasses covering his eyes. I slowly pull them off and look at his stunning green eyes. I can't believe THAT is what was hiding underneath those glasses. He lets out a shaky breath and I realize how long I've been staring at him.

I grab his collar and look from his eyes to his lips and back to his eyes, which are closed. I close mine and do what I should have done a long time ago. Kissed him. He's shaking really badly. I pull off his vest and start to unbutton his shirt.

*Knock knock*

I look over at the door. Well that sucks.

"Is someone in here?" An older woman asks.

"Hold on one second!" I yell and tell Marcel to jump out the window. He refuses but I get him to eventually.

"I'm sorry, the stalls in the girls room were full and it was an emergency. It won't happen again." I apologize and she nods and smiles as I leave. Now I can't use the teachers bathroom, dang.