Chapter 3: Oh Gee Wiz

Marcel's POV:

I found Leigh snooping in my journal and I kinda blew up. I really didn't mean to. I've never really been the type of person to get mad at anybody, let alone Leigh. I really hope she forgives me. Oh no. She probably won't. I'm such a screw up!

"Leigh please forgive me? I didn't mean to get that mad. Please?" I ask and she gives me a puzzled look.

"I thought you were the one who's supposed to forgive me?..." She asked.

"But I yelled and that's not right. I shouldn't have done that even though I don't like what you did." She giggled but I could tell she tried to keep it in.

"I forgive you, but do you forgive me?" She asked and I nodded, with a big cheesy grin on my face.

"You guys," Kaitlynn's soft voice rang through my door,"mum wanted me to tell you dinner was ready. She needs to know if Leigh is staying." Kaitlynn said quietly.

That's odd. Kaitlynn's never quiet, like ever. I wonder if she's feeling ok? "Tell mum that she's staying. Are you ok, Kat? You're awfully quiet?" I asked.

"I'm ok. But my tummy kind of hurts." Oh dang. That's never good. She always under-reacts. She's probably got the flu.

"Ok, tell mummy. I think you may be a little sick." I heard her walk away and me and Leigh got up to go eat.

Next thing I know, Kaitlynn's at the end of the hall, vomiting quite a lot. "Marc!" She cries. It's always terrible when she gets sick. I run over to her and carry her to the toilet. Luckily we made it before she did it again. I had Leigh go tell my mum.

"Mummy's going to come in here and she will help, ok? Me and Leigh are going to eat. Make sure you listen to want mum says or you won't feel better, ok?" She nods before hurling once more. I'm lucky these things don't phase me.

I walk downstairs when my mum got up in the toilet. Leigh was already eating and had a place for me right next to her. I'm so lucky she's my friend. I mean, out of all people, right? I just find it funny.

I sit down next to her and eat the soup my mum made.

"This is wonderful; I'm sorry about Kaitlynn. It's funny how you cold tell she was sick by her voice level."

"Me and her are really close. I've never really had friends so I spent all of my nights with her. I love kids." I smile and she does too.

"That's sweet. Derek couldn't care less about kids. I don't really know why I ever dated him. He was so... Terrible." She let out a fake laugh.

"You probably liked him for his looks. He is quite charming, just a terrible person." Suddenly I saw her eyes lite up.

"I have an idea!" She squealed.

***

So here I am, in a dressing room, waiting for her to find the "perfect outfit" (her words, not mine). We're in some store in the mall. It's full of today's fashion style and all that 'fun' stuff.

I prefer my clothes. She came back with band t-shirts, black skinny jeans, plaid button-ups, and a whole lot more uninteresting clothes.

"Try this one first." She handed me painful looking skinny jeans and a 'Rolling Stones' shirt. I do quite like that band.

I out them both on, even though the pants were a struggle, and walked out. She gasped and made my hair so it was all in my face. Ew. She smiled but then slightly frowned.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's just... Odd. This is really different." She frowns even more and puts the clothes back.